I'm Gonna Break Down These Walls

After skipping school this whole week, it was finally Saturday and Aaron invited me on a date. In the start I will admit that I hesitated. We hadn't talked all week and I think it was because he knew that I was with Brad some of the time. Brad and I hadn't even talked since that night. He had been ignoring me, pretending I wasn't there. Aaron didn't know about Brad sleeping in my bed or him coming to my house at 3 am. We didn't tell anyone. Not even Brad's friends. Or Aarons friends. Their friends. My friends? Wait no I only had Scar. Which reminded me that it was the concert only tomorrow. Dad was actually home so I think that I could go. Scar bought the ticket for me as she knew I wouldn't know if I could go till the day before. I didn't even know if I was allowed to go yet, but I would do it anyways. After all that has happened, I mean making new friends, maybe even having a crush on a boy, is too much. I need to get lost in the music like I used to. With Scar who had always been there for me when I was alone. But she doesn't know about my mother either. When it happened I just said that was ill and that we couldn't hang out before I got better. She believed me and when things died down and we got all the answers, dad started to work more than he needed to, and I was forced to go back to school. 'Clara, I know you don't want to but please. Go to school. For me'. I could still hear my mothers words. If she hadn't told me I would have dropped out of school. I would have been by her side every second of everyday until she was better. If she ever got better...

-

"Clara who do you like best? Aaron or Brad?", Jacob asked as he was laying in my bed while I was finding some clothes to wear on Aaron and mines date. "Is that even a question?", I asked him. "So you like Brad?". I stiffened. Why would I like Brad? He didn't even consider us friends and I'm not even sure that I would like to be his friend. "No. Not at all". "then why are you guys always together?". I laughed and turned around. To be honest I didn't know. I mean, yes we had an assignment to write but that didn't answer why he would come to me at 3 am in the middle of night. It was all really confusing to me. Maybe it was confusing to him too? He did say that none of his friends would have helped him. Maybe he's lonelier than he will admit? "Can I help you find something to wear?", Jacob asked sitting up in my bed. "You want to help a girl dress up for her date?", I questioned and he just shrugged and nodded. "Okay". "I like when you're wearing dresses. you look pretty", he said shyly and smiled. I smiled back and went to hug him. "But you also look pretty in those pants with rips on", he said once again now blushing. That little cutie! "Okay. I can give you two options", I started and went to search through my closet. I knew he just felt lonely but it was nice of him to compliment me. He was such a sweet kid. I found what I was looking for and turned around to face him. "Option one. Flowery patterned dress that will go to my mid thigh", I showed it to him and he nodded waiting for me to continue. "Or black ripped skinny jeans, a white tanktop and my leather jacket". I stood there with two sets of clothes waiting for him to make up his decision. "Number one", he mumbled and pointed at the dress. "Cool". "Can I do your hair?", he asked and my eyes widened. "M-my hair?", I asked confused. "YES! I can do hair you know", he yelled. "Mom always made me braid her hair". I then smiled a little bit and nodded. "Let me just get changed". I went to the bathroom pulling on the dress, some cute sandals, applied mascara, eyeliner and a little blush. I straightened my hair so he only had to braid it. I then walked out and he was grinning ear from ear. "How do you want it braided?", he asked and pulled my chair away from my desk pointing at it. I sat down and he walked behind me starting to play with my hair. "can you do a side fish plait?", I asked and he laughed. "Mom taught me to do that", he smiled. "where is your hair stuff?", he asked and I pointed to the bathroom. He came back 2 minutes later with hairspray, some hairbands and bobby pins. He looked so cute. He was like my own mini hairdresser. He told me to stay still while he looked so concentrated that I wanted to laugh. "Clara sit still! you'll ruin it!", he complained and I chuckled. "Sorry, sorry you just look so cute", I laughed and he gave me a toothy smile. He finished after 15 minutes and he threw his arms around in the air. "MY MASTERPIECE IS DONE!", He yelled and I spun around and ran to the bathroom. He was actually pretty good. It fitted to my clothes. I heard the door bell ring and I ran down the stairs with Jacob running after me, and opened the door revealing a very good looking Aaron. He was wearing grey skinny jeans with a rip in his right knee, a grey t-shirt and an open black, grey and white flannel shirt. He wasn't wearing a beanie but had done his hair making it look even sexier. "H-hi", I stuttered making him chuckle. "Hey. You ready to go?", he asked. I nodded slowly and blushed. "She has to be home at 11", Jacob said behind me and I laughed and ruffled his hair. "Call me if you need something. dad should be home in a few minutes, and lock the door just in case!". I kissed his cheek and he hugged my waist before Aaron took my hand and I closed the door. "You're beautiful", he said and leaned in touching my lips with his carefully. "Thank you", I whispered and hugged him. "And your hair is really well done", he laughed and touched it. "Jacob did it", I laughed and he led me to his car. "You and your brother are really close aren't you?", He asked as he started the car. I nodded and started to play with my fingers. I couldn't imagine a life without him. "Where are we going?", I asked and he just smirked at me. "Wait don't tell me that I can't know. It's so cliché", I laughed and he shook his head. "Then I must be cliché. Because I'm not telling you". Then he laughed really loudly. His laugh was so contagious. When you heard his laugh you just wanted to smile widely. "fine". He turned up the music in the car and Poppin' Champagne came on. Of course as embarrassing I was, I started to sing. 'You've got me thinking that lately I've been wishing the television set would show me more than just a picture of the things I've grown to detest. I strip down my dignity, they can take all of me, but they won't ever take what I still believe'. In the start he just looked at me like I was some new person he didn't know,  but then he just shrugged and started to sing with me. after driving about 12 minutes he stopped at a beach. "a beach?", I questioned and he just nodded. He opened the door for me and intertwined our fingers. He leaded me down to the beach where there was a blanket with candles around it and plates with spaghetti. Did he do all of this? I sat down admiring all his effort. "Did you do this all by yourself?", I asked but he shook his head. "I got a little help. But the idea was mine", he said pouring up a glass of champagne. "Poppin' champagne?", I laughed and he laughed with me. "That wasn't even planned to be honest". "Well, thank you for going on a date with me", he said shyly and I took his hand. "I wanted to. I really like you Aaron". "I like you too". He placed his one hand on my cheek and then smiled. "Let's eat", he then said and I agreed. "Omg this is delicious!", I yelled as I tasted the food. "James helped with the food. He loves cooking", Aaron said taking a bite. You know you can't look sexy when you're eating spaghetti so I got pasta sauce on my chin. "Look how charming I am", I admitted embarrassed. Aaron chuckled and took a tissue wiping the sauce from my face. "Sorry I'm such a dork", I laughed and looked at my hands. "You're not. You're amazing", he whispered now playing with my fingers. This day couldn't get anymore perfect.