Chapter 2: Memories

Mabel POV

After I set my bags down and started to unpack a few things. I just gave up and headed downstairs. It was already kind of late so dinner was ready. Grunkle Stan, Grunkle Ford, and Soos think that I'm here to visit. I just told Wendy about Dipper because she was leaving and I wanted her to know at lest. I'm not going to tell about my plans about finding Dipper to the rest of them. I don't want them to try to stop me.

We were eating at the dinner table. "So Soos, how are you here?" I ask. "Well my grandmother wanted me to be with her. She's having a hard time you know. Growing old and she is going to be a great grandmother and she is having a problems with people who want her house. I'm just here to help out. I'm leaving soon though. Melody would have come be because of her being pregnant she was unable to." Soos reply.

"So you live outside of Gravity Falls?" I ask.

Soos nod.

"So Mabel how are you parents?" Grunkle Stan asks.

I gave a small chuckle, "Oh the same. They are doing fine though."

"Have you seen Grenda or Candy yet?" Soos asks.

"I'm going to see them tomorrow. I'm to surprise them."

"Believe me just having you there is a huge surprise. They missed you so much." Grunkle Stan reply.

Then Grunkle Ford got up, "I hate to leave the table but I must do some work. Mabel it was good to see you. I'll see you all in the morning." Then Grunkle Ford left. Then the phone ran, "I'll get that." Grunkle Stan reply then he got up and left the room.

Soos lean in, "Mabel I know why you are here. Wendy told me and I kind of guess it."  I tighten my jaw, "You aren't going to stop me are you? Look Soos, I'm going to find Dipper. I know that he is alive out there and he needs my help!"

Soos sigh, "Look Mabel I also believe that Dipper might be alive. He's a tough dude but I'm worry about you. I'm worry that you are going to get your hopes up high and they are going to be crush. I want to protect you. I guess you can say it's the prefather phase talking but I'm serious. You and Dipper were my best friends. Look I'm not sure what happened to Dipper but the point is that he's gone somewhere else. Maybe heaven or someone on this earth but you aren't going to find him. Maybe he doesn't want to be found. Mabel I don't want you to go and get your hopes high. You could get hurt. No physically but emotionally. I just want you to be happy and safe."

"Soos, I love how much you care but I can do this. I'm not a little kid anymore. I'm going out there and I'm going to find Dipper. I'm either going to find him alive or dead. I could feel that he is alive out there and I'm going to help him....someone has too."

Then Grunkle Stan came back and I stood up, "I'm going to bed." I said.

"Are you sure Mabel?" Grunkle Stan questioned.

"I'm sure...it was along drive and I'm really tired."

"Alright...good night."

Then Grunkle Stan kissed me on the cheek. I gave Soos one last look, "Don't you dare tell him." Soos tightens his jaw and just looks away.

I headed up stairs.

I then lay on my bed. It was how I remembered it. Nice and squishy and always has this bounce into it. I then look over to Dipper's old bed. I remember how he would stay up really late reading in the journal or any other books that he reads. At first it bugged me but now...I learn how much I missed it. I could see him reading, trying to figure something out as he click on his pen or chewed on it. It makes me laugh when he chewed all the way through and hit the ink and he takes a mouth full of ink. His reaction was just funny. Then when he does stay up too late and don't get enough sleep he will start chewing on his shirt.

I sigh, "Don't worry Dipper...I will find you. I don't care what the others say. I know that you are out there...somewhere. You need my help and I'm going to give it to you." Then I turn off the light and went to sleep.

I was having a weird dream.

I was in a room where everything was white. There was nothing there, no furniture, no doors, no windows, no nothing.

"Hello?" I called out and my voice eco through the empty room.  "Hello? Anyone there?"

Then I heard sniffling behind me. I turn around and saw a little girl crying in a corner, with her knees tucked in and her arms tightly around them and her head down. I know this girl. It was younger me...I'm guessing 12 year old me.

"Mabel?" I ask.

Little Mabel just kept on crying. I came and touch her shoulder gently. Little Mabel looks up, "Who-who are you?"

"It's you...or me...whatever...I'm Mabel but 16 years old."

"I'm Mabel and I'm 12 years old." Little Mable reply.

I look at her. She was me with the sweeter, couldn't see which one with her legs in the way, and a skirt. It seems that she's been crying for a while

I came and sat by her, "What's wrong?" Little Mabel sniffle, "I'm lost and I'm scared...and I don't know where Dipper is. I want Dipper."

I gave a small smile, "I know how that is. Can I help?"

Little Mabel smile, "Of course!"

"Do you know how you got here?"

"Don't you remember?"

"Remember what? Why you are crying or how you got here?

"You should remember."

"Well there is a lot of things I cried over when I was 12."

"You should remember. Do you remember everything that happen the summer when you were 12?"

"Of course."

"You remember how we first got here and gnomes tried to marry us?"

"And Dipper came and save us."

"Then we got our graveling hook after that."

"That saved us and Dipper from falling to our deaths after defending Gideon."

"Remember how Gideon was madly in love with us?"

"How could I forget? He is such a creepy little jerk. Especially he tried to kill Dipper and us."

"Isn't everyone trying to kill Dipper? Gideon tried to kill him who knows how many times, that one wizard due, and Bill and many other creatures."

"I remembered that."

"So you do remember.

"Of course I do."

"Then why don't you remember what happen to him?"

I was startled by that question, "What do you mean?"

"You see older Mabel, I'm upset right now because I'm what you are feeling right now. You are lost right now and scared and you have no idea where Dipper is and you are desperately wanting him. You can't even remember what happened to him." Little Mabel sneer.

"Wait are you saying that I know what happen to Dipper?"

"I don't know....what do you think?"

"You are the one who is telling me this! What did I saw? Why can't I remember? Mabel tell me! I need to find Dipper!"

"Mabel you need to tell yourself where Dipper is. You forgot so you can't remember. So why don't you wake up and face the real world. if you can't remember then just face it that Dipper is dead. So wake up and just mourn like the rest of us."

"No! I won't give up. I know that Dipper is alive and he is somewhere out there."

Little Mabel gave a smirk, "Good luck with that. you are just going to waste your life if you can't remember. As for me...I'm not going to look. I'm just going to live my life. Good luck with you wasted life. Thanks for your help though. Now I'm not lost any more or sad. I'm just going to face the fact that he is dead. Good luck with failing your life!"

Then I woke up.

(Have been edited)