Chapter 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I carried on running until a car pulled up and kept pace with me as a ran. I slowed down gradually, still crying, and the car slowed with me. When I finally stopped, I heard the car door open and felt a pair of arms wrap round me. I didn't know or care who it was, although I had a pretty good idea, but I wrapped my arms back around them and squeezed them, burying my face in their chest. Soon I heard the car engine turn off and another pair of arms wrapped round me, and another, and another. "We're here for you, Flo" Luke said in my ear.

"Yeah, don't care what that bitch says! She's a... bitch" Jai said, which made me giggle.

"You're so comforting, Jai, I bet Flo's glad me, Daniel and Luke are here!" I heard Beau say.

"Thanks guys," I mumbled into Luke's chest "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"You kidding? The world should work where people should tell other people things when THEY want to, not when bitches want to." Jai said.

"No shit, Jai." Daniel teased. Although I had only met three of these guys that day, and the other one the day before, it didn't feel awkward hugging them. You would have thought it would, but it felt nice, and right, without sounding too cheesy. Natural, even. We were still in the middle of our group hug when someone's phone went off and started vibrating on my arm.

"Ah, sorry everyone," Beau said "I'll just get this, hello?" He answered the phone. "Yeah, Mum, we're on our way home, you just interrupted the best group hug ever!" I heard Gina laugh at the other end of the phone. By this point Jai, Daniel and Beau had left the group hug.

"Come back to our place," Luke said, still hugging me "Mum'll be cool with it, won't she boys?"

"Yeah!" They all said in unison. I heard Beau ask Gina if it was cool, and sure enough, she said it was fine. I got in Beau's car after Luke and I had stopped hugging, and we never brought up the ADHD thing or the fact that I was sad again til I nearly had to go home. We had had a great dinner: takeaway pizza and we'd watched 'Stepbrothers' and watched the boys play Fifa. I was even convinced to have a go but was thrashed by Jai. I had forgotten all about what had happened at the end of school and was waiting for Gran to come and get me. Daniel had gone home, Jai was Skyping his girlfriend Ariana and Luke had fallen asleep on the sofa. It just left me and Beau chatting for a while. "Thanks for coming over, Flo, it's been great fun!" Beau smiled at me.

"Ah, that's okay! Thanks for having me!" I smiled back.

"That's okay, anytime! Sorry about Rachel" Beau said. Rachel. I had nearly completely forgotten about her up unitl then. The smile left my face.

"Oh... don't worry, you guys would find out soon enough, I just hope nothing like that happens again" I tried a smile, but failed.

"Oh, trust me! Rachel would have to have some balls of steel to try anything on you again!" Beau grinned, there was something he wasn't telling me.

"Beau...? Tell me what happened, what do you mean?" I asked.

"After you left, Luke got so angry with Rachel. He told her to fuck off and told everyone a really embarrassing story I had told him of when Rachel and I had dated - please, don't ask what I was thinking, coz I have no idea - I didn't hear what story he said as he had told me to go and get the car to find you." Beau beamed at me. Wow, Luke had done that? I felt myself go red.

"Pffft, don't be ridiculous!" I scoffed.

"No, seriously, trust me! Ask anyone who was there! Ask Giulia!' Beau grinned. Hmm, I didn't know what to say, I can't believe he did that for me! And I didn't even know him very well! I felt flattered, and looked at Luke lying across the sofa fast asleep. After all that had happened that day, I certainly didn't feel as bad as I should have done, not now, when I was with Beau, especially since Luke looked amazing when he slept. I smiled to myself.