Chapter 12

* GIULIA'S POV

It was about half three in the morning and none of us in the Brooks' house was asleep. I'd gone back there to take a shower and to let the boys know how Flo was getting on. I'd reassured Flo that we would all head back to the hospital in the morning, that was before she had been taken away by some woman. I hadn't seen her since.

I was sitting in the kitchen eating a sandwich that Beau had made for me. I was starving. Beau rested against the counter, his arms crossed over his chest - deep in concentration. I'd noticed how much I cared for him that night. All this awfulness that had happened to Flo made me appreciate him and want to be with him as much as I could. I'd always really liked him, but since he had asked me to be his girlfriend I realised just how much. These last couple of days had been so amazing with him. He'd called me 'beautiful' and 'gorgeous' and made me feel loved and special. Something no one had done before. Ditching Rachel was the best thing I'd ever done, though I knew that once she found out about Beau and I she'd start causing trouble. I was ready for that. Beau had told me she would. Boy, was I looking forward to that day. I wasn't scared of her, I just knew she'd say a shit load of awful stuff and try to break me and Beau up. That wasn't going to happen any time soon, that's for damn sure. He caught me staring at me and attempted to smile. He was cute, I could tell he was worried but didn't want me to realise just how much. Flo was like a sister to him. He'd always gotten on so well with her. I smiled back at him, before Luke and Jai entered the kitchen. Luke lent against the doorway and Jai sat down opposite me at the table.

"So... wait a minute, tell me the story, Giulia, tell me exactly what happened." Jai said, puzzled. He had been out getting trashy magazines and sweets to take to Flo waiting in the hospital in case she got bored, and had missed me telling Beau and Luke the story. Of course, he hadn't realised how much the story bothered Luke. I saw Luke shift his position from the corner of my eye. I knew he found it uncomfortable and painful to hear. I looked over at him before Jai realised how much the story bothered him. "Oh right, sorry Luke, I just..." Jai looked down at his lap, embarrassed of how insensitive he'd been.

"It's alright, we'll be with her in a bit, go on, Giulia." Luke nodded for me to start. By 'her' I knew he meant Flo.

"Okay," I began "Gina and Flo's Gran, Grace, were playing tennis like they normally do, when it started to rain. Grace had walked to the tennis courts and had no way of getting home without getting completely soaked through, so Gina offered to drive Grace home. When they got back to Grace's they saw that the front door was wide open. They both ran inside and found Flo's Grandpa collapsed on the floor. The TV was gone and so was the big computer in the living room and all the laptops, iPads and phones lying around the house. Gina called for an ambulance immediately. In the ambulance, Flo's Grandpa explained what had happened: that he'd been changing a light bulb from one of the lamps in the living room when he heard someone come into the house. He had gone into the hall to see who it was, as he had thought it was Grace, back from tennis early, when he was knocked over the head with something hard from behind. He'd been unconscious ever since until he woke up in the ambulance."

There was silence in the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*FLO'S POV

I was still in this bloody room. It was about four in the morning and I was still in here. I'd given up sitting and had taking to pacing up and down. Suddenly, the door opened and a short, chubby woman came into the room. She had black hair in a bob with a fringe. She smiled at me but the smile soon faded when she saw how exhausted I looked.

"Dear me, are you alright, sweetie?" She asked. Dumb-whit.

"How's my Grandpa? Where is he? I need to see him." I said, quickly, and walked towards her. She put her hands up, not letting me leave the room.