Chapter 6

"So... you going to Skip's tomorrow?" Luke asked me.

"Umm, yeah I was thinking of going, how about you?" Please say yes. Please say yes. Please say yes.

"Yeah I am, hey, maybe if you're going we can pick you up on the way there?" Luke said. I was about to say that that would be great, but then I remembered about Elle inviting me over. Dammit. I would have said yes but I just didn't really like the idea of getting ready on my own. I mean, the whole fun of going to a party is getting ready with your mates before, right?

"That's kind, but I promised Elle I'd get ready at hers, sorry!" I tried to put my cutest face on, and went and sat next to him on the sofa. I smiled at him but he just looked right into my eyes.

At that point, Beau came in and sat down on the floor opposite us. He took his phone out and was obviously texting or tweeting, or maybe even both.

"Flo... is there anyone at school you like?" Luke whispered, so Beau couldn't really here. Uh oh, I could see where this was going. No, he was not going to embarrass me. It's easy to tell when I'm lying, I tried to think of the most un-lying but twisting answer, which also turned out to be the most frustrating answer, I hate it when people do it to me.

"Yeah, I like lots of people, there's Giulia, Elle, you, Jai, Beau, Carly-" I was grinning.

"-Nooooo, you know what I mean, is there anyone who... you know..." He trailed off, not knowing how to describe it.

"Tickles ma fancy?" I did my best cockney London accent, which we both laughed at.

"Yeah, tickles your fancy" Luke said. Shit. I hadn't really thought when I had said 'tickles ma fancy', as that was exactly what he wanted to know: if anyone really did tickle my fancy. There was no avoiding this now, I had lead myself into the trap.

"Well, I guess so... there's one guy, but I don't have a chance with him." I looked down at my hands in my lap, awkwardly.

"Oh yeah? And... who is this guy? Is he in your classes?" Luke leaned forward, looking fascinated. As if he was trying to see the words coming out of my mouth.

"Well, he's in a few... I'm really good friends with him, though, so I can't really say anything..." I played with my rings on my hands. After hearing this, Luke shifted around in his seat.

"Well, I mean, you've got to give it a try, right? What if you never tell him how you feel? You may never get to know if... he likes you back..." He trailed off.

"I guess... maybe I should just come out with it then..." I looked up through my eyelashes into his eyes. He sat up straight.

"Yeah, maybe you should!" He smiled at me and sat back. I smiled back and took a deep breath in.

"I'm gonna do it!" I beamed at him.

"Go for it, girl!" Luke grinned back.

I closed my eyes.

"Okay... I think I'm falling for you!"

The next thing Luke did was surprising: he jumped off the sofa and ran upstairs, but not before I saw his face; he looked like I had just verbally slapped him round the face. He left without saying another word.

===============================================================================

Dear readers!

First of all, thanks for reading my story and I hope you're enjoying it! Secondly, I like updating regularly so it would help me out if you could comment saying what you like about the story so far? As its always nice to get lovely feedback from you guys! Also maybe consider these questions and write your answers in the comments section? Any helpful tips on how to continue Flo's story would be much appreciated :)

What do you think happened just then between Flo and Luke?

Why did Luke run off after Flo telling him she liked him?

What do you want to see happen next?

Again, thank you for reading my story and for helping me out,

I love you guys!

Rosanna xxxx

===============================================================================