Chapter four

My phone beeped and I slowly opened my eyes. Jason wrapped me in his arms last night at some point and we just fell asleep like that.

I carefully moved his arm and he stirred. I took this chance to blackmail him, I snapped a quick picture of him sleeping and slipped his shirt off putting my now dry one on.

I crept to Jerome's room to see Sage passed out on his bed and Jerome on a pallet on the floor. Now I see the resemblances, asleep starfish style with mouths agape.

"Sage" I whispered gently shaking her. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she furrowed her eyebrows.
"I have to take my medicine. Did you bring my backups?" I asked, she shook her head and slowly sat up.

"Come on" Sage whispered as we crept downstairs, and out to my car.

Once we were home I immediately knew something was wrong, Sadie was laying on the front porch. I never let her out in the front yard, I thought as I slowly stepped out.

I was just going inside to get my medicine, Sage stayed in the car on her phone.

"Come on Saide, move" I said trying to move her with my foot, she's deaf so I could only move her by touch. Finally I just pushed her, my hand touched something wet.

I saw red staining my fingertips. I gasped and turned her over, blood was pouring from her stomach. Tears blurred my vision, Sadie was my first dog.

Shaking, I fiddled with my keys turning the lock. I stepped inside and heard the click of a gun and saw my abusive "boyfriend" Timothy with a sinister smile plastered on his face.

"Hey baby" he said coldly.

He drug me inside and shoved me to the groud. My head collided on the hardwood floor and a pounding filled my ears.
"Thought you could escape by moving to Los Angeles huh? Well Michigan was getting boring" Timothy said through gritted teeth.

"Sagittarius, open up!" Sage was pounding on the door.
"Sage!" I yelled, Timothy hit my temple with the handle of the gun. Sage was now rattling the doorknob.
"Sagittarius this isn't funny!" Sage yelled.

My vision was blurry at the edges now.
"Sage" I said as normally as possible.
"Shut your trap!" Timothy spat. I closed my eyes.

"I hate you, you pathetic piece of shit" I said after a few seconds, my world was still loopy.

I felt pain surge through my foot, then it stopped and it was my shoulder. I blacked out.

Sage's p.o.v
"911 what is your emergency?" The dispatcher asked.
"M-my best friend I-I think she got s-s-shot. Uhm, her b-boyfriend shot h-her I th-think"
"Ma'am please stay calm, police and an ambulance are on the way" when she said that I hung up and called the number Jason gave me.

"Mm hello?" Jason asked, it was obvious he just woke up.
"Bring the guys to the address I'm about to text you. Hurry! It's Sagittarius!" I hung up and texted to address.

I tried to get in again. Why was her house so old?! Stupid barred windows!

Jason's p.o.v
"Guys get up, Sagittarius is in trouble!" I practically screamed, I heard many doors open then close. I got in my car quickly followed by Adam, Ian, Mitch and Jerome. Quentin and Ty were in the other car.

Adam read the address and we made it in two minutes. I saw Sage crying frantically punching the door, her fists were bloody and a dead dog lye behind her.

All eight of us kicked the door and a hole was created. Quickly I reached in and opened it. We all stormed in. Adam, Ty and Quentin immediately tackled a guy that was standing with a gun. Mitch and Jerome went to see if there was anyone else.

I took off my hoodie and pressed it to her shoulder wound. I was on the verge of crying but pulled it together. I heard sirens and the next thing I knew, Adam, Ty and Quentin were pulled off of the guy and Sagittarius is pulled into an ambulance.

Everyone got back in their cars and drove in silence to the hospital. The last thing I saw before leaving was the guy in handcuffs.