Chapter 3: Don't Ask!!

OK Go ~ Don't Ask Me

Sneak Peak:

Giving him one me one last kiss I whispered, " I love you."

      He pecks me on the lips. "I love you too." He whispers against my lips. I pull away taking one last glance at him before I turn and walk towards my car not looking back in fear I may break down right in the driveway.

-$-@-$-@-$-@-$

   I pull into my driveway an hour later. After talking for a while Kaylie got some Ben & Jerry's ice cream and we sat down bawling our eyes out while watching the Notebook.

         My phone vibrates. I pull my iPhone out of my joggers pocket and look at the screen. There's a text message from Jace.

Look up

         My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion but nonetheless I looked towards my front door to find Jace leaning against the rail that followed up the stairs. I smile and run into his arms. I laugh as he twirls me around. Once the put me down I laughed happily and smiled up at him.

      "What are you doing here?" I ask not really caring the answer, just wanting to hear his voice.

         "I'm just here to say goodbye to my wonderful girlfriend." He said pecking me on the lips grinning.

       "Really?" I ask raising a perfectly plucked eyebrow.

         "Of course. Really," He assures, chuckling. He rubs the back of his neck nervously as the steps back from me. " and I might have something for you." He mumbles while taking out a jewelry box. After he gently hands me the box the hangs his head with a blush covering his cheeks. I take a cautious look at the rectangular box then back at Jace' maroon colored face.

         I open it slowly, gasping at what I saw. There was a necklace. It had a golden diamond studded cursive J  hanging gracefully in the middle. Next to the was and a bronze butterfly and a pink and angel wing on each side of the J. There were two hearts on each side of the angel wing and the butterfly. The heart next to the butterfly is a gold heart locket studded in diamonds much like the J. The heart next to the pink angel wing was another heart but this one had had a key hanging from it that looked like it was the match to the locket and the word LOVE melted to the side. They all hanged on a silver chain.

      I look up at Jace only to see him pull out a identical chain except it the chain was gold and the charms were silver and more manlier, and the chain had a C in the middle instead of a J. He took off his necklace and took my necklace and put the two wings - mine pink and black, his silver and black - and put them together. i watched as they connected, molding and clicking perfectly in place as though they were never separated.

      " It's beautiful..." I whisper when Jace finished clipping the necklace around my neck.

      " A beautiful necklace for a beautiful girl..." He whispers in my ear.

         I laugh, tears welling in my eyes and turn around, hitting him on his shoulder playfully. " It's woman to you mister." I joked glaring playfully at him. We both laughed. After a long silence I couldn't take it anymore.

      " I'm really going to miss you." I whispered, my mood dropping.

      " Oh, I know. How can you not, I'm ... me." He jokes. I hit him on the chest, laughing once again. He always knows how to make me laugh. I thought. " I'm going to miss you too." He mumbles, frowning.