Chapter 21

Adriana as always waits for Devilin outside of his apartment; she has been coming in here for two days straight but no sign of him.

She sighs again as she gets up from the bench she has been sitting right across from her mate's apartment. She just wish this would be her lucky night and he will finally say yes to go on a date with her because it was a bit tiresome and humiliating to ask him again and again only for him to not show up while she stays the whole night alone in the restaurant.

Her eyes twinkles as she sees Devilin's car stopping in front of the gate, dusting off her dress and looking at her reflection, Adriana makes her way across the road.

After a bit of struggle at crossing the road she finally reaches the other side, walking with determination Adriana takes confident steps inside the elevator.

Thinking this is the first time she will go to her mate's room, she feels the rush of excitement in her body. An unfamiliar voice calls for her to stop the elevator so she does. The woman does not even acknowledge her existence as she pushes the button of the same floor Adriana plans to go to. She silently stands behind the woman before checking the woman out, as she has no other thing to do.

The woman standing in front of her is pretty with her white as milk skin tone and her flaming red hair, which reminds her of Ariel the mermaid. Her amusement stops with the stop of the elevator, the woman rushes out of the elevator as if the hounds from hell are behind her and just for her own amusement Adriana turns to check if there is any in the same elevator before she slowly walks out.

She keeps looking on the door numbers, as she has never been in here before. Adriana feels a bit nervous imagining the reaction of her mate seeing her standing in front of his door and cannot stop the giggle that leaves her mouth.

Just as she turns she sighs in relief seeing Devilin standing shirtless in front of his door, she smiles and goes to call his name when all of a sudden she notices the woman with red flaming hair jump in his arms.

"Air, what is it, baby?" he asks worry laced in his voice, hugging her to him tightly.

"Let's mate Dev" she states while jumping in his arms halting all the thoughts as well as breathes of Adriana.

She gulps praying he will push her away or waiting for them to laugh and say you are punked!

However, no such thing happens as Devilin kisses her smack down on her lips and carries the woman in his arms inside his home slamming the door with the back of his foot on the way.

Adriana stands just a few feet away from her mate's door, juggling between whether to turn back or banging on his door asking him for an explanation but eventually she turns and leaves.

*******

Walking out of the elevator with heavy heart Adriana does not feel like to do anything, she remembers all of the encounters between them. And now that the truth of him cheating on her even if they weren't in a real relation opens her contact lens eyes.

She berates herself for not seeing all of those signs from the beginning, how he ran away from her the first time they met at the elevator or the many times he ditched her on their date night which only she initiated, how he never called her even if she left her number numerous times for him and with him.

In addition, how he really tried to ignore her in crowds and now that she saw with her own eyes that he was with someone else, she feels nothing but a fool.

Not watching where she was walking Adriana ends up crashing with the housekeeper, she apologizes profusely before helping the woman up.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going" Adriana apologizes repeatedly helping the woman to pick all the things that was sprawled on the floor.