Chapter 2

Chapter 2 rewritten

------

Jackal cocked his head "what is it?" Lucy snickered at his look of genuine confusion.

"Well, Team Natsu and I are...well... going away for a while on vacation." Jackal's eyes slowly start to soften before darting down to look at the floor. He eventually looks back up.

"When are you comin' back?"

Lucy offered a smile "should only be for a few days, well, that's what Erza told me."

Jackal chuckled, "I guess that's alright then, hah! Imagine if you were goin' for like 3 months."

Lucy laughed along, "yeah, that's true. I'm gonna be leaving tomorrow morning though." Jackals tall ears immediately droop. "Ah, I see." Lucy gave him a reassuring smile, placing her hands upon his shoulders.

"Don't worry, as soon as I get back we'll spend heaps of time together, alright?" That perked him up a bit, his toothy grin broadening. "But for now," Lucy starts with a smirk, "how about we make some pizza?"

Lucy squeals as she is suddenly dragged to the kitchen by the demon. Lucy starts organizing ingredients, but her concentration on that didn't last long as she is dusted with flour. "Jackal!" She cried, wiping the powder from her face and coughing.

"Haha! You shoulda seen yer face, Blondie!" He cackled. Lucy snatches the bag and coats him with a good amount of it. A full-on war breaks out and every inch of the kitchen is powered white.

"You're lucky I've got a spare!" Lucy scolded him playfully, pulling another packet from the cupboard. "You're also gonna be the one cleaning this up, look at my poor kitchen!"

"Relax Blondie, I got this... Do I really have to clean it all?"

"Yes!"

"Shit..."

The two finish making the pizza before shoving it inside the warmth of the oven to cook. "Come on, let's get cleaned up!" Lucy and Jackal head on over to the bathroom, Lucy opts to shower first. "I'll be quick, I swear!" She sputters to an impatient Jackal.

"Tch, you always say that. You end up bein' in there for an hour at least."

Lucy rolled her eyes and jokingly stuck out her tongue before heading into the shower while Jackal waited outside. 

Lucy scrubs herself from head to toe, slightly disgusted at the sheer amount of flour stuck in her golden locks. "Yuck!" She hops out and secured her naked form with a towel, swiftly drying herself off and exiting the bathroom. "Your turn," she murmurs to Jackal, who was making sure to cover his eyes as Lucy walked by (despite her wearing a towel.)

After cleaning and dressing, Lucy and Jackal eat their pizza and head off to bed.

"I'll see ya in the morning, Jackal," Lucy whispered as he climbed into her attic.

"Alright Blondie, see ya then," he clambered his way inside before shutting the small door behind him. Lucy's expression saddened. She wished he didn't have to sleep up there, but it took risky keeping him out in the open especially when...

Lucy almost screams as she spots two intruders in her bed. Natsu and Happy; both already fast asleep. Lucy grits her teeth, already knowing there was no moving them now. Looks like tonight she'll have to find a new sleep destination.

As if things couldn't get more annoying, she realizes she still needs to pack for the trip tomorrow.