7

Dedicated to mist1997

NATASHA

I cant believe this is happening. This is like something which happens in Bollywood movies or television soaps where the hero has the worst timing ever. He comes in in order to blast at the poor heroine.

To say I was  terrified wouldn’t be an understatement for I was. They came in. Ria was now beside him and he next to the dumbo.

“Vihaan look at what she has done to me” she complained. Oh how I hate that tone. I haven’t  known her for long and by now I’m sure that I hate her.

I was now expecting Vihaan to shout at me. But he remained calm surprising me. Did I see him smile?

I think that was  a faint smile which I caught. And the next thing shocked me. He winked. Yes VIHAAN  KAPOOR the famous cricketer winked at me for pouring water over his girlfriend. Am I dreaming or is it really happening?

“VK why don’t you say anything, get her fired” Alisha’s words broke the silence.

“Baby just calm down”  Vihaan spoke.

Next he turned to Ria.

“Could you please show her the way to the ladies’ room?”

Ria nodded and left my side. She gave me an assuring node before leaving the room.

“Wait for me in the car  Alisha after you are done.” Vihaan said as they left.

Jealousy was killing me. But I tried to stay calm. I knew that wouldn’t get me anywhere.

“What have you done Natasha? Why did you do that to her” it was Mr. Sharma who spoke

“Excuse me Mr. Sharma, can I say something?”

“Sure Mr. Kapoor”

‘Was he going to get me fired? No this cant be happening. That means both my dreams will be shattered. No way. Whatever he says I wont give up, who is he to’ My thoughts were interrupted by his words.

“Its not her fault.”

I couldn’t believe  what he said now. Was he saying it wasn’t my fault. Maybe he’s going to blame Ria. There is no way I would allow him to say that. I was about to protest but he beat me to speaking first.

“Alisha can be real clumsy. It might be she herself and she has the habit of blaming others. Don’t go harsh on your employee she might really be innocent”

The way he said that, I was left gaping at him. He saw the glass fall from my hands and that is or sure. Then why is he supporting me? I didn’t get the point. There was no way he was hitting on me by lying. I don’t get him. Why is he being so? I can find that out later, now I need  to thank him.

“Thanks Mr. Kapoor for saying that. Mr. Sharma do you believe him or..?”

I knew he would cut me in and that happened.

“Its Ok Natasha. Get the papers ready. We are already late.”

“ Sure sir ” I said as I ran out of there not before flashing a smile to my Vihaan. Yup MY Vihaan.

VIHAAN

She rushed out from the room. She flashed her pearly white teeth at me. I could help but stand there smiling. She was doing something to me which I never knew existed. I still don’t get why I lied to Mr. Sharma for her. The way she looked at me as if she couldn’t believe what I said.  Well I cant blame her but I too was stunned.  I cant remember from where, but I’m sure I’ve  met that girl before. But where? I need to find out.

“Mr. Kapoor lets go. Finally everything is ready” Mr. Sharma’s words interrupted my thoughts. I recovered real soon.

"Sure.”

I went inside , behind him. Cameras were on all the four corners and beside one camera  was Natasha.  Mr. Sharma handed me some papers which contained the questions he was about to ask me.

 I looked again at Natasha.

She seemed serious about her work. Passion was evident from her words and the way she was looking at the paper in her hands.

"Chuck it Vihaan, why are you constantly thinking of this girl? Concentrate on the questions  and decide what you are to say.’

“Are you ready Mr. Kapoor?” Natasha who was now standing beside me asked me.

“Yes Ms. ?”

“Its Ms. Malhotra, but I prefer to be called Natasha or Nats”

“Ok. So yes Natasha, I’m ready”

“And yes Mr. Kapoor..”

This time I interrupted her.

“Call me Vihaan or VK. But I personally prefer Vihaan”

“Sure Vihaan it is then.  Do you know about the rapid fire segment?”

“Rapid fire?”

“Yeah. That segment is handled either by me or my friend Ria, the one who accompanied Alisha. Today its me.”

“Can I   get those questions too?”

“sorry, but NO”

“Fine. I guess I can do with those”

"You may take your seat now. Mr. Sharma might be here any second.”

The interview segment with Mr. Sharma went well. He asked me about my early career, personal life and my future plans, including other irrelevant questions. All thanks to him that he didn’t ask me lot about my personal life.  I had earlier asked him not do. I had by now told them that I wasn’t single anymore and that topic wasn’t pressed much too and I was happy about that.

After a  10 minutes break  Natasha was in front of me.  She had changed and now she wore a black shirt with a white shirt underneath it. It gave her a formal look still she looked beautiful.

Now it was time for the rapid fire and I don’t know why but I felt excited.  I really Think I have got some serious problem. I need to talk to Rishabh about this. Maybe he can help me out. Not Maybe. He will surely help me out. He is really an expert in handling cases like this. He is one of the best things that has happened in my life. He is just like a brother to me.

Again what is the problem with me? I’m standing here and thinking about my best friend while I’ve got a Rapid Fire round to do as a part of the interview.

SERIOUS DAMAGE.

Need to be fixed soon.

Vihaan

I texted  Rishabh ignoring the missed calls.

A/N:

Hi guys

How was it???

Liked it? Hated it??

Comment please. Do vote too...!!!

Need at least 25 votes..!!!

Ria and Karan on the side

Thanks to mist1997 fot the  new cover