30

Dedicated to RutujaGavand      

NATASHA  

  Time passes by very soon, doesn’t it? Vihaan and I had been in a relationship for more than nine months. He has always been the loving boyfriend, who never cheats on his girlfriend. I know he can never do that to me.    

Our careers were going on very well and over the months, he had won many trophies and awards. He even led the Indian team to victory , a series in which Rahul, the actual captain was rested. Vihaan bagged  the people’s choice award for the best sportsman. He was all excited when he went up stage to receive the award from Shah Rukh Khan, his favourite actor of all time.    

I was there with Vihaan, Rishabh and Anya. Vihaan went up to SRK and raised his acting while the latter praised the former’s batting. It was quite a treat to watch. Rishabh was very confused after the conversation in which he was also supposed to be a part-of.    

Getting into a relationship with him had been wonderful. I had never been in a relationship before, but that never mattered. He made me comfortable and I made him. We totally understood and and in my terms completed each other. Our relationship had started in the reverse gear when I overheard his conversation with his best friend, in which he confessed his love for me. That never was a problem because everything that happened after that was magical.  

  I sometimes have a feeling that this is all a beautiful dream, that came out of my imagination and I would wake up once to find it all gone. This, if is a dream, I would never want it to end.    

I remember every moment spent with him, be it good or bad.    

“Natasha, attend your phone.” Vihaan’s dad said to me.    

“Yeah.” I said picking up my phone.  

  I will tell you guys about him in a while, after attending the call, promise.  

“Hey Nats” I heard Nivi speak.  

  “Hey, why aren’t you here by now?” I asked her after I looked at my watch.    

“Where is that brother of mine, whom you sent to pick us up?” She answered me with a question.    

“Vihaan hasn’t reached?”    

“No. If he had then I would not be asking you about him. He isn’t even attending my call.”  

  As she said that I noticed Vihaan’s phone which was abandoned on the sofa.    

“I think I  know the reason he isn’t answering your calls.”    

“Don’t tell me he is still there.” She said over the phone, more like screamed.    

“No no no Nivi that is not the case. He forgot to take his phone with him. Look around, he would be somewhere there.”    

“I think you are right, I feel him behind me.” She said to me and then there was a small pause.  

  “Nivi? Are you still there?”    

“Yeah Nats, he is here. I’ll see you soon.” She said and cut the call.

“It was Nivi. They’ve reached and will be here soon.” I said and we both went back to our work.

So now, I will tell you about what happened that day when we went to meet Mr. Kapoor.  

  “Vihaan, did you tell your dad that we are visiting?” I asked him. I was at his place, waiting for him to get ready.