21

Dedicated to Tanya_Rawat

NATASHA

The week passed very soon. Last night Ria, Karan, Vihaan and me had our first double date. We went to a very calm restaurant away from the city. All we talked about was their wedding simply because Ria would not shut up. Vihaan later told me that he was happy to meet my friends too. He and Karan bonded easily making it easy for Ria and me.

It was Ria’s mehndi ceremony and she had invited Rishabh and Vihaan too. They both declined because of some team meeting. Vihaan told me that he would be attending only the wedding and not any other function and I did not force him.

I heard a knock on my door and I knew it was Ria. I was in my room in her house. I had a room here, which I shared with her cousin these days. I was excited about the mehndi. I had decided to write ‘V’ in my mehndi. It was a ritual to write the first alphabet of your to be husband or lover in your mehndi. The guy is supposed to search for the letter in it later and if he finds it then your relationship is stronger.

Ria, whom I ignored earlier went to Sheldon Cooper mode and started knocking nonstop, calling out my name in between.

“Stop it Ria, I’m here” she impatiently continued knocking, not noticing that I had already opened the door.

“Oh Nats, did I hit you? I’m going crazy completely; it is my wedding in another two days”

“And you were the one enacting Sheldon Cooper remember?”

“So what? Are you ready yet?” she asked me.

“Almost. I just need to put on the earrings.” I said adjusting my lehnga.

“Okay, that can be done later. Now help me get ready,” she said picking up her blue and red outfit.

She looked beautiful in the ghagra choli. The dark blue blouse fit her perfectly.

“You think this blue looks good on me?” she asked me nervously.

“Why not dear? It is perfect.” I said.

“Really? You know right, I have never liked this colour, I decided to wear this only for Karan, he loves blue.

“And you chose to wear this in the ceremony in which the groom isn’t allowed to attend?”

“OMG. I didn’t think that Nats”

“Don’t worry dear. We can send him pictures.” I said picking up  my phone.

I send him the photos before the ceremony began.

Many of our common friends from school, college and work were already there in the entire female species present. My mom and Anya were present too.

“You look beautiful Natasha.” My mom said to me.

“Mom, you are saying that to me in front of her, she is the bride and not me.”

“Oh darling, I was coming to that. I didn’t want you to feel bad when I complimented her and not you” My mom winked at me.

“Mom?” I stood there shocked as she hugged Ria.

“You look extremely pretty dear. I can’t believe that you are getting married. “

“You better believe it mom, me and Anya are on the way too.”

“She is right Garima; you have two girls out there, ready to get married.” Anya blushed while I grinned when Ria’s mom said that.

“Hi” I said to the girl who was waiting for the next person to come so that she could continue with her work.