23

Dedicated to MadhulikaDas

VIHAAN

 “Come with me Vihaan.” Coach Shah said as soon as Natasha said the closing lines.

 “Sure sir.” I said and left Natasha and Rahul in the room.

 “Vihaan, where are the papers I gave you yesterday?” Coach asked me.

 “They are with Rishabh and there he is.” I said pointing at Rishabh.

 “I’ll be back in a minute.” I said as they started talking.

 I went in search of Natasha and she was still in that room.

 “Are you married?” I heard Rahul ask Natasha.

 “What? No.” She replied.

 “Well you know, I’m single”

 “So?” That guy was flirting with her and what was she doing? Why was she leading him on?

 “You know, you’re hot and...”    I could not listen to that anymore and so I went back to Rishabh.

 “You went to meet that girl right?” Coach asked me as I went in.

 “Yes” I admitted. I had tried to lie to him many times and every time I had failed. O this time I told the truth straightaway.

“I knew it. Rishabh you know how he was looking at her? She didn’t give in easily though.” Coach Shah was very happy for me and I loved this carefree nature of his, which happened only around we two. Others would not even joke if he were around.

‘Well, was it so obvious from my behaviour?’ I asked myself.

“I know coach.” Rishabh said, finally breaking the silence.

“Yeah right, you might know. You both are the best of friends’ right?”

“That is not the only reason. She is my t be sister in law.”

“Really?”

“Yeah! I got engaged a few weeks ago.”

“Congrats Rishabh”

“Thanks.”

We heard a knock on the door. It was Natasha.

What was she doing here?

"Remember Vihaan, you are irritated at her for leading him on while he was openly flirting with her.’ I told myself.

“Come in Ms. Malhotra.” Coach said to her.

“What are you doing here?”  My question shocked the three people in the room.

“What do you mean Vihaan?” She asked me coming out of the initial shock.

“Excuse me guys, I’ll leave.” Coach Shah said before he left the room.

“Why did you say that, Vihaan? I came to meet you.”

“And you had time before that to flirt with him?”

“It was not like that Vihaan, listen to me.”

“I don’t have to listen to your explanations, I heard everything.”

“Not everything I guess.”

“Does it matter? The thing is he was flirting and you were leading him on, right?”

“Hey you two, I don’t get what you are talking about.” Rishabh interrupted us.