twenty-four

another one

Cassius had been cheesing all over the house since he got home and it was pissing Mackenzie off. She didn't know who had him all happy and on cloud nine but she knew it wasn't her. And she'd be damned if he was cheating on her. She had gotten the ring, these other bitches can't even compare.

At the time he was sitting on the couch, bending down and petting the dog. Something he had never done. He never even fed the damn dog. Thats how Mackenzie knew something was fishy. She watched him from her office through the glass china doors beside the living room. She sighed and took her glasses off, running her hand down her face.

Caius and Julius ran into the house from the backyard doors and raced up the stairs to the play room. They had been playing in the woods behind their house since they got home from Red Lobster, Mackenzie let them play until they got tired so they could easily fall asleep for school in the morning. Caius made it there first, throwing himself on the green and black couch that resembled an X-Box controller.

"You cheated." Julius panted, his hands on his knees as he breathed heavily.

"How? You the one who ran before Uncle Chan counted to three."

Julius shrugged not in the mood to argue cause he knew Caius could go on for days and he was tired, he sat on the floor and started to hook up the Wii-U so he could finally beat a level in Metroid Blast that he had been stuck on for days. "Do you wanna play?" He asked his brother.

"No." Caius watched her brother lose a few times before he sighed annoyingly. He had a lot on his mind. "J, guess what happened today when I was with mama."

"What? You watched that movie again? That stuff is weird." Julius laughed referring to the special edition Wet, Ebony, and Wavy video they had accidentally stumbled upon one day and bought for $15.99 in Riley's suite.

"No... well yeah. But Daddy came." Julius paused the game and turned to Caius. "You lying Cai." He shook his head, already knowing his dad and mom wasn't cool like that.

"On Asia, mommy, and you nigga I swear I'm not." He said with a straight face, looking his brother in the eyes.

Now Julius knew he meant business. If Caius put it on Asia AND Riley, he definitely wasn't lying. "He really was there? Why? They fight?"

"Nope. He was all up on her and stuff. Telling her he missed her. He was smiling and all happy."

"That's why he all smiley!" Julius discovered, his mouth wide open. Now he knew why his father was walking around the house with a smile and he even washed the dishes. Julius didn't even know his dad knew how to wash dishes.

"Yup. And he going to see her tonight. I think they gon' fuck."

"You think so? We gonna have a baby sister?"

Caius shrugged his shoulders. He wasn't sure how that worked and who decided what gender the baby was. He was only nine. "I want a brother. So we can have somebody to be the referee when we play wrestling."

"I want a sister so Asia can stop getting on my nerves and she can have somebody to play girl stuff with."

Asia had been walking past the play room when she heard her two little brother's talking and decided to slip in. "Why are y'all talking about me?" She sassed from the doorway.

"We not talking bout you big head. We talking about daddy and mommy." Caius answered.

She came to sit by him and join the conversation. She had nothing better to do, she done had her homework the night before and was already worn out from cheer practice. "What about them?"