twenty-five

Riley had just gotten out of the shower when her ringer chimed indicating today's first client was in the lobby. She typed in her code and clicked a button that would allow the client a free pass to come up to her room before quickly rubbing herself down with sweet smelling lotion and rushing into her one of her new lingerie sets that she had just copped.

This would be her first day working since she reconnected with Cassius. She didn't know if this was his doing or what but Cassius wasn't paying her for speaking to him and this is how she got her money.

She had just finished applying the Ruby Woo to her full lips when there was a swift knock at the door. She stood up and walked over to answer it. Peeking through the peep hole, her eyes widened at the person she never would've thought she'd see up here again.

Pulling the door open, Riley narrowed her eyes at him, taking his attire in. Damn he looks good. "And why are you here?" She placed one hand on her hip and played the annoyed role well as he smirked and slyly moved his hand to her waist.

"I'm here to see you." She could smell the cool winter mint gum on his breath and she had the urge to kiss him as he spoke. "You paying?" She joked but was sort of serious. Riley wanted to know just how serious he was about all of this.

Cassius chuckled and pushed her back gently, taking her hand in his and closing the door back with his foot. He pulled Riley to the bedroom and sat down on the edge of the bed, his hand still in hers as she towered above him. "I don't have to pay because you are no longer doing those services."

"Wait.. what?" Riley was ecstatic in the inside, jumping for joy. But she had to play it cool. "You fucking with me?"

"Nah I'm serious. I'm trying to do things the right way this time. So... I'm setting you free."

Riley looked him in his eyes and came to stand in between his legs. She leaned in to kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you." She moved to sit beside him on the bed, placing her legs in his lap. "But we need to talk. Seriously. I have questions that you need to answer."

"Aight. Ask away darling." He cheesed cutely, his hands holding on to her legs.

Riley briefly smiled at him before getting up to walk to a bag on her dresser. She dug in it for a minute then pulled out a bag of popsicle sticks. Cassius raised his eye brows at what was in her hand, he didn't know they were about to do arts and crafts. Riley walked over to him and sat back in her original place. "We are going to ask each other questions. Each stick represents a question. K?" Riley made two piles for each of them with five sticks.

"Six. Six sticks, please. I got a bonus question." Riley rolled her eyes and placed one more in both piles. "So you going first? Or me?" Cassius asked, he already had his first question. It had been running through his mind since he stepped in the door.

"Ladies first." Riley dramatically put down a stick. "What's up with your neck? The tat?"

Cassius subconsciously touched the tattoo on his neck and shrugged, looking down at the floor. "I don't know.. I'ma be honest I wanted to get it removed but I couldn't so I just a bunch of random shit tattoed around it so now you can barely see it unless you look hard. It was just a constant reminder."

Riley nodded because she understood. It was a constant reminder every time she lifted up her shirt and saw his name. "Do you have her name tatted?" She asked, referring to Mackenzie and he knew that instantly.

"You gon put another stick out?" He teased. Riley smacked her lips and he laughed. "My turn." He slapped his first stick down and bit down on his lip to contain his growing smirk.

"Who had the best dick you ever fucked with? I need to know this cause my ego been hurting for four years." Riley pretended to think about it and glanced at him shyly. Immediately he was worried when he seen the look she gave him. "If it's not me I'm not going to get mad or anything..."