Chapter 1: How To Start At The End

That one day when you thought it would all be as normal as it is, one meeting changed almost everything. Almost.

---------------------

She was seating with her best friend Vivian, listening attentively to their chairman's speech. Lily Rose Parker, 21 years old, her brown hair curled artificially for the special occasion and her small lips painted in pink. She smiled the whole time since she got up this morning. She lived in an apartment in Venheighs city alone. She lived on her own after her parents got divorced when she was in middle school. After a few months her parents decide to let her study across the country, she accepted the offer but refused the financial support from them for her schooling. She knew better that was the last thing she wanted to live life independently. A few months after she moved in a new city, she was able to adapt living in a fast-paced culture.

As one of Lily's projects, she has to organize a small fashion show showcasing her designs. She was once featured on a well-known magazine because of her creative designs and amazing collection of clothes and accessories during the fashion show. And now she's receiving job offering before she can even graduate. Her love for fashion always drives her to chase after her dreams. A name she'll make and people will love her creations. She knows she can make it; she's very close to it now.

Being a senior in college isn't hard as everyone thinks. Just projects and requirements here and there, and waiting to graduate. And busy as she could be as a fashion designer student, Lily always sets a time to do everything she needs to do and does it right away, perfectly. She loves her life as if she had lived it well every day.

And the hardships of school is now almost over. Just a few hours on the clock she is ready to throw that cap up in the air, a symbol of achievement and school is over. She can now feel it. She was walking from the halls of the university with her best friend, Vivian Miles, while holding each other's hand with great excitement and joy before entering the auditorium. The seats are full-packed and the graduates are wearing their black gowns and caps.

The program and ceremony is now over. With great smiles, the emcee finally spoke the signal everyone is waiting for. "Congratulations graduates of batch 2015-2016!"

"I've been waiting for this!" Vivian said.

"Me too." Lily replied happily.

And they threw their caps up and both hugged. To remark a memorable day, Vivian's parents went to witness it. Even though Lily informed her parents that it's her graduation she knows definitely they wouldn't come. Both her parents don't want to see each other in fact even just a coincidence would be a big deal and they would start to fire hurtful words to each other.

Lily considered it and understood how difficult it is to make her parents be in a same room without ripping each other's hair off. Vivian sensed her sadness and tried to comfort her with a hug.

"Don't worry bee you know my family can be your family too. And speaking of family, this is my dad Richard, and my beautiful mom Sarah." "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. & Mrs. Miles." Lily said and shook their hands.

The couple smiled in response, "It is nice to finally meet you dear." Mrs. Miles said.

"Vivian let me take a photo of you and Lily."

After taking photos with her best friend, Lily took a family portrait for Vivian.

"Bee you should join us and call someone who can take the photo for us," Vivian said.

"It's okay bee I don't want to ruin your family picture together. I'll just take it for you guys." Lily replied.

Vivian breaking from her spot called out a man standing behind his back, looking down at pictures taken in his camera.