Chapter 24: Drunk In Love

"Are you sure about this?" Eric asked, looking at Ashton on the passenger's seat. "Yup. Whatever may happen I just need to get this right." Ashton said and opened the door. He tucked his lengthy coat and stared at the big entrance door with huge, bold letters of G. and P. placed on top. Ashton breathed deeply before walking inside. He went to the blonde girl on the lobby that was on the phone. He waited until he's assisted. 

"What can I do for you sir?" The blonde turned to Ashton, as she hangs up the phone. 

"I – uh – I'm here to meet Garvin." The blonde was taken aback with Ashton's informal speech about her boss. Ashton seemed to notice her stiffen. "Mr. Garvin Petterson, I mean." He corrected. "Do you have an appointment with him sir?" "No." "That would be impossible to work on to sir." Ashton seemed impatient as he keeps on tapping the desk with his fingers. "Can you just ask when can I meet him? I have a proposition for him." She looked at him and coherently held the phone again and pressed a number. She was talking inaudibly. "Who is it sir?" She turned to Ashton. "Just say it's Ashton." He said adamantly. The blonde looked at him with questioning look, waiting for him say his surname but he didn't. Ashton finally stopped tapping his fingers and laid his hand down and inhaled deeply. He started walking. "Mr. Ashton." He looked back as the lobby's direction. "Mr. Petterson said you can meet him now." Ashton raised his brows for a second. It was a bit awkward to address Garvin with the same surname as his. 

"Great. Thank you." He said confidently. His heartbeat quicken the whole ride up to Garvin's office. When the elevator slid open Ashton stepped out and he noticed the two men in black suit from last time is standing outside the door. 

The man in right opened the door and piloted Ashton to enter. Ashton held his breath as he stepped inside and Garvin's chair swivel to face his table. Garvin glanced at Ashton's direction and picked up a paper he seemed to leave reading. Garvin didn't offered Ashton a seat which made Ashton cringe. He watched Garvin signed the paper he was reading. 

"So are you gonna start presenting this proposition of yours or not?" Garvin spoke, his deep voice shaken the nerves of Ashton. "I know we made a deal for me to leave Venheighs but I chose to stay." Ashton sternly looks at Garvin waiting for a hint of emotion or reaction from him. "I was about to leave last week the day after we meet. But I truly can't give up photography." Garvin looked up from the papers he's reading. Now he got his attention. 

"I know I have to do the end of our deal. But I don't want to take your seat." Garvin raised his brows and opened his mouth to say something but Ashton continued stating his proposal. 

"Just yet. I want to earn what I'm entitled for." "So you're suggesting to work as an employee and wait to get promotions." Ashton nodded. "You're ridiculous. But I like how you thought of that." Garvin smirked. "I was really hoping you'll like it." Ashton muttered under his breath. "And you'll leave Lily out of this." Ashton said.

"Of course. Now which department will you be under?" Garvin asked smugly. "I considered the marketing department." Ashton answered confidently. "Advertising. I figured. Okay, you can start tomorrow. I'll get you a new apartment near the building. You can have my Mazda or my black Porsche." Ashton stood astounded. He knew Garvin can provide all his wants even if it isn't what he really wanted but he was more surprised how Garvin reacted to all of this. And the cars he missed driving wandering in and out of the city. 

"That's it? No interview or passing resume's or stuff like that?" Ashton asked. "You know you don't need it anyway." Garvin chuckled. "I don't need you to get me a new apartment. I'll get it on my own and the car. But thanks for the offer of your Porsche." Ashton tried to hide the smirk on his face. "Right, working your way up. I get it." "Thanks." Ashton muttered. "I know you'd rather stay with her in her apartment. When can I meet her?" Ashton felt embarrassed how his father knew all of those things about him. Garvin chuckled seeing Ashton's face flushed in red.