Chapter 6: Gravity Pulls Us Closer

You captured my heart with your beauty and the mystery of your soul.

----------------

It was a fine Friday morning as Lily got up when her alarm clock rang, and opened the windows in her living area. The sun was shining bright and the chirps of the birds greeted her, and the cool-morning wind touching her skin.

She looked down at the people walking fast to get to their offices. She remembered the meeting she has to attend. So she went to the kitchen and made herself a coffee and got ready for today's meeting.

As she entered the conference room it was full of people from both departments, the designing and production team. Lily smiled and mumbled under her breath, "Oh this will be a long day."

After hours of discussion about the new collection it was finally adjourned. And Lily was called out by Miss Sanchez for another task. "Your designs are impressive and I need something like that for our summer swimwear collection. Something exquisite but the materials used aren't costly neither cheap. We have an image to maintain." Miss Sanchez directed as she scans Lily's portfolio.

There were figures and sketches of some swimsuits design. "This one." She pointed. "Something like this. An elegant ornament placed around the shoulders and uses a lighter material for its blazer up to the knee level." Lily nodded as she takes in what was being told to her.

"This one's good too." She pointed at a leopard-printed bikini. "Will you give me samples that you can suggest for our summer swimwear collection?" Miss Sanchez asked.

"Yes, absolutely ma'am." Lily replied and her lips curled.

"Good. Send it on my email not later than 5pm tomorrow. I'm relying on you." Miss Sanchez directed and walked out of the room.

Lily felt glad hearing the appraisal she received from her boss. Swimsuits are never her league, not in designing but in making one. And that's one of the areas she's working on creating good outputs.

She was elated and started to think of ideas while walking on the hallway to the production department. She checked her designs for the current project, if it was done as accorded especially the measurements and materials used. She doesn't want her designs to be altered. As a designer, who would want to?

Lily went directly to her apartment after work; feeling excited and soaked herself in for ideas and designs. After a while, being done with her designs wasn't enough for her. So she opened her not so old electric sewing machine and took some of her unused old fabrics from her previous works, and start making the swimming suit she just designed. What a way to spend the weekend though.

For hours Lily kept working until she sewed the last portion of the clothing. Suddenly her tummy rumbled in hunger. She didn't even notice the time passed for meals so she ordered for a pizza instead.

While waiting for the pizza to arrive she opened her laptop and checked her emails. It's the modern era so it's necessary to open Facebook and other social media. She had 13 notifications, 2 messages from her mom and Tara, 5 friend requests, and the rest were likes of her posts and some tagged photos by Vivian.