Chapter 15: Embrace

Monday at Prada, Miss Sanchez sweet-talked Lily for the upcoming photoshoot of their summer collection and that she needed Lily's help, again. She's really a madcap witch. But then Lily still worked as normal as possible to get through the day.

Her embarrassment is still fresh. Now she's staring at the empty white page of her pad. Thinking of ideas. But not just ideas. Other stuff. She sips in her hot cappuccino, blinking her eyes as if the page would create something of itself. 

"Why?" she mumbles to herself. Frustration strikes her. Lily set aside her pad and went to the browser and opened Facebook. The feeds were mostly photos of the competitors latest update of their collection. She didn't miss following well-known and exceptional fashion designers all around the globe. But that's not what she came there for even though she feels the lack of inspiration at the moment. 

Boing

Vivian's message flash through the screen. She clicked, opening it. "Hey bee..." Lily just stared at it for a while. Deciding whether she will reply or not but it would not be right not to reply. But what should she reply? It has been four or so months that they haven't kept in touch. Lily sipped her coffee again. This time she needed it to start working in her veins and brain and compose words. 

"Hey. What's up?" Lily typed in. But that sounds so casual like nothing ever happened between them. Lily press enter and in seconds it noted Vivian has seen it, read it. "Good." Lily read. Of course you're always good, amazing actually. She thought bitterly, but Vivian is still typing. 

"I know you're mad at me..." How can I not be?, she thought and rolled her eyes and she's glad Vivian wouldn't see it. 

She'll smack her arm and say "Stop acting like a frump." 

"Tara and Cath filled me in during our unofficial sleepover. And I owe you an apology for not telling you things like the real stuff. Can we meet tomorrow at our fave spot?" There's no way she's home, well not really at home at least, but back in Venheighs. What happened? She thinks of her schedule first but then she doesn't want to stall now that Vivian's home. She hates it when she has to deal with her trust issues again with people – especially people close to her. People she loves. "Sure, brunch?" Lily replied. Vivian replied immediately in seconds, "Sounds awesomazing! I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Miss you bunch honeybee xo". Lily didn't reply and exited the browser instead. She slams her empty paper cup and sigh heavily but not as loud to disturb others who are working. "I'll be out early." She announced to no in particular since everyone is busy. She left the room and walk to the lift. She feels happy and resentful of Vivian being back. She hated the part when she wasn't being trusted though she ought to trust people much more than what she thinks she can give.

~

After grabbing another take out dinner forherself, Lily found Mr. Whiskers oddly in front of her door. He was puttingdown some bags. What are those luggage have to do with Mr. Whiskers and it in front of her door? She blinkstwice. 

"Mr. Whiskers." She greeted with a tone of confusion. 

"Miss Parker." Hisold face turn to grimace and Lily walked reaching to her door. 

"What are these bagsfor?" She asked. "You know sometimes you just need to work things out togetherand not apart from each other." She looked at him confusingly. And the soundmade them both turn their heads to the elevator.