Fourteen

"Where are we headed?" I ask Jade over the loud thunder. Night has fallen and we are still looking for whatever it is.

"Thane Ridge, Washington. It's where the rest of the team is." Jade replies. "Right now, we are in Karen Falls, Oregon." Skylarr says to me.

I look down at the city lights below. "Beautiful isn't it?" I ask them as I start to slow down.

"Yeah. Maybe we should you know, take a closer look."  Zander suggests. We all glance at each other and nod.

Nothin' but time. I think to myself. We land on the top of a small business building with dim blue neon lights.

The city looks astonishing. Different colors, lots of buildings with people working late, kinda reminds me if Degreed City.

"Think we'll need some more clothes?" Sky asks. I shrug. "Most likely. We've been in these for almost 2 days." Zander replies.
_________________________________________
One hour later.....

I put on the black and red vest with a black t-shirt and slide a grey beanie onto the top of my head, black and white Ring Leader 8's, a pair of red
joggers, and leather biker gloves.

Zander walks out of the fitting room with a blue button shirt with the top three unbuttoned, a blue fedora, black Timberlands, slacks and a white watch.

Skylarr slips into a pair of purple jeans, white American flag shirt, Retro 13's and a green elastic wrist band.

Jade throws herself into some yellow leggings, a black t-shirt, brown windbreaker, and Air Force Ones.

We all look at each other with a grin. "Let's go." I say, adding a serious tone to my voice.
_________________________________________
Twenty minutes later.......

"It's so amazing!" Jade exclaims as we take a stroll through the park in our new outfits. Skylarr won't stop staring at Zander.

It's like she's in a trance or something. "Hey...Sky?" She quickly turns to me with a smile. "Yeah?" She says.

"What do you think is going to happen to us?"

"What do you mean?"

I sigh. "Remember when the party got shutdown?"

"Yes." She starts to listen a little more.

"There was a man, rather tall with a scar going over his left eye. He told the officers to wipe them."

Her smile quickly went to a scowl. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?!" Sky screams. We stop in the middle of the path.

"Skylarr just calm down." I say. It starts to pour down rain as she floats into the air.

"You told her didn't you?!" Zander asks me with a frightened tone. I nod my head slowly. "Told her what?" Jade asks.

"About-" I'm stopped as a lightning bolt is thrown at my chest. Not today. I quickly use the energy from the bolt and redirect it to Skylarr.

She falls to the ground. "I'm sorry but I had to do it." I say, running to her. Sky looks up towards me with a dark grin.

"I'm sorry too!" Suddenly a bolt of lightning hits me in my back, knocking me to the ground.

I could feel the lightning flowing through me. A burst of electricity shot from my entire body.

"Holy Jesus." Jade says. She grabs me and starts to examine my body. "Fascinating." Zander shoots a construct of a whip around Sky's waist, bring her to the floor.

Suddenly I feel my heart stop and my lungs collapse. My eyes roll to the back of my head. Am I dead? I can't be though.

Why am I still breathing after the lungs collapsed? Suddenly, all the energy from around me bonds with my body.

I'm absorbing it. My heart beat slowly comes back but it feels stronger. Jade puts me down o the floor.

"He's Draining!" She exclaims to the others. Zander looks at me with a surprised expression.

My arms start to glow green with the rest of my body. I open my eyes and throw myself up into the air.

All energy follows behind me as I walk towards Sky. "Max!" Zander screams. "Max stop!" He yells again.

I ball up my fist, channelling all my energy into it. "Please don't." Sky says with a scared tone.

Light, kinetic, solar, cosmic, even my chi all finally flow into my body.

Raising my fist at her, I stop myself. A smile runs across my face before I pass out.
_________________________________________
The air seems thin. A helicopter blade is swirling in the air. Helipad. I say to myself. "Whoa take it easy champ." Zander says as I lay up in the metal canopy.

He smiles at me. "What?" I say with a annoyed tone. "It's amazing dude." He replies.

I tilt my head a little in confusion. "Oh your powers were increased by a bunch of joules. You went from ten joules of energy to almost three hundred."

My eyes widen. "Holy crap that's a lot." I say. Sky walks through the helipad entrance.

Jade follows behind. "Hey." Skylarr whispers before I hug her tightly.

"I'm sorry. Really, really sorry. I love you." She blushes a little before smiling.

Sky then kisses me. I kiss back of course. "Get it over with, Endro and Electress. We've got business to handle."

It's Jones. A helicopter lands next to us. "Let's go!" He yells over the sound of it.

As we get in the copter, Jade taps Sky on the shoulder. "Good choice, hun." She says.

Jones jumps into the pilot seat and takes off. A man sits next to him looking similar someone familiar.

I look over at Zander with a frightened expression. What? He mouths. It's the guy. From the party.

Suddenly the man looks back at us. He darkly grins. "Do I know you three from somewhere?" He asks. We all shake our heads.

"Don't think so. Hello, I'm Endro Pulse. These are my friends Splozo, Electress, and Metalhead." I say, pointing at them one by one.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Zen." Zen says before shaking my hand. "Why do they call you that?" Zander asks.

Zen suddenly teleports leaving a small smoke cloud. "I control my chi." Oh just perfect.