Sixteen

The alarm rings. My eyes quickly open as I scan the room. Zander, Sky, Jade, and myself. I ball my fist and Bond with the concrete wall.

I kiss Skylarr on her cheek before waking Zander. "Wake up, Z." I say with my deeper voice. Zander blinks open both of his eyes.

"Break in. Let's go." Zander pulls on his shirt and blows the door open. Thirteen cutthroats. I say to myself.

Zander makes a sword and stabs a burglar through the chest. I summon my staff and begin to drop any burglar I see.

A bot flus over my head. The camera on the bottom focuses on my face. I Surge (using my electricity). Zen walks out of his room, towards us; his arms covered in ash.

"What the hell?!" He yells at me. I scratch my stubble. "Those things cost millions!" Zander rolls his eyes.

I begin to unbind with the concrete. "Out of the way, Zen." I say, pushing him into the wall. Zander follows behind me.

"Where are you going?!" Zen but a barricade I front of us. Zander punches through it, making a giant hole.

"Goin' to visit the prisoners." I reply. Things haven't been as well as they were supposed to.

All of our poses have gotten stronger. My Quintessence force is helping strengthen my body and energy emission plays a part in it too.  Zander learned that he can control sound waves. Sky is now an alchemist. And Jade can generate light. 

Nate, Selina, Scott and Liz aren't captive anymore. They finally let them go. They're in the academy just a room down from us.

We've all drastically grown in maturity and size. I'm not much of a goofball and neither is Zander. Most things to us are serious. Skylarr has a better, funny personality. Jade is still being a born-to-be leader. Scott hasn't been himself.

After leaving the prison, he led Bret and Tommy into the academy. My two mortal enemies are here. Thanks God that we'll be here for three more weeks and we're out.

Jones and Joan still keep in touch with us. Basically on the weekends, we all go out for pizza with them. Today, is that day.

The clock in the prison struck 12:00 PM. I press three numbers in the key pad to the holding cell.

Zander and I sit down in front of Dr. Ready. He gently touches the wall. "Stand down Daniel. We just want to talk." Zander says.

I arc a green energy-bolt between my hands. "Any sudden movements will end in your death."

Daniel looks up at me with his grey eyes. "What do you two want from me?" He asks.

"We need to see the vision." One month ago, Dr. Ready showed us a vision of me in a city fighting the whole academy with Trina, Bret, Tommy, Nate, Jade, Skylarr, Zander, Scott, and Liz.

The vision pops onto the wall. I ball my fist. "We can't let that happen." Zander says. Daniel shakes his head.

"There is only one way to get around it. You guys have to kill Zen." Hearing this makes my heart drop.

"We already have that to do though. The agency sent us here to break this place. If he dies, this whole place will fall." I reply.

Daniel Ready smiles. "Talk to Jones about it. I'm sure he'll know who to kill to bring these people to their knees." And with that, we leave and head upstairs.
________________________________________
Skylarr looks at the tv with a smile. "Babe?" She says to me. I put my arm around her shoulders.

"Yes?" She turns towards me.

"Do you love me?"

"Of course!"

"Then would you be mad if I invited Bret over?" I stand up before folding my arms. "Sup dude." Bret walks inside.

I stare at him. "Bret." I say, rolling my eyes. He sits down next to Sky. "Whoa whoa hold up. What do you think you're freakin' doing?" I ask.

Bret smiled and opens his palm, revealing a blue hellfire flame. "Say again?" I summon my Quintessence-Hand.

"I'm guessing you were trying to intimidate me." I say. Bret stands up with a scowl. His whole body turns into rock and blue magma.

As I charge all of my energy into my hands, Skylarr creates a thunder storm in the room. "That's it! You two need to become friends right now!" She screams.

Both of us look at her. "With him?!" We say at the same time and point at one another.

"Hell no! I'm out of here!" Bret walks out of the room and back to his after turning to his human-form.

Sky states at me. "What is your damn problem?!" She screams at me. I throw my head towards her with a angry/surprised expression.

She didn't just blame me. He walked out not me. I think to myself. The rain starts to get harder.

"My problem?! Mine?! You invite Bret Johns, my worst enemy to my room and ask what is my problem?!"

"Yes! Why is it that you can't get along with him?!"

"The idiot tried to kill me! He beat me to a pulp and left me in a alleyway!"

"Maybe if you put forth just a little bit effort-"

"No freaking amount of effort will make me become friends with him! Y'know I'm done." I grab my vest, hoodie and beanie before leaving.

I Warp to the top of the building. My eyes start to glow. Another one if those days huh? Selina telepathically says.

She walks over to me. Her black hair hits the metal roof as she sits down next to me. "You okay?" Selina asks with a smile.

I glance at her and then to the ground. "Not really. Do you ever get the feeling that you're always a problem to everyone? Like they don't need you or don't want you. Like a dog being neglected by his owner?"

Selina places her hands on her knees. "All the time. Look Max. For the rest of your life, people are going to make you feel like crap. They're going to blame everything on you. Don't listen to them. Block those people out and tell them to suck a fat one. Be who you are. Don't let anyone change that. Not me, not Jade, not even Skylarr. Be the best you can."

I smile at her. "Thanks." I reply. Selina puts her hand out and shakes mine. Zen walks onto the roof. "Endro, Spector, I need you two. There's people here for you and your team."