Chapter 23

"Why do you have to leave Larelle?", I whined as he walked around the room getting his stuff together.

"Because I have to make money and handle some business"

"No you don't Larelle. I don't think you should go though foreal. I have a bad feeling so just stay here please"

"I'll be back before you even know it stop tripping", he was about to leave out the room but I pulled him back.

"Larelle please don't", he pushed me back on the bed getting mad.

"Calm down girl foreal I'll be back like I said now chill. I'll be back", he put his chain on and left out the door and as he left I heard Mila come in.

"I can hear y'all yelling all the way outside you okay?"

"No, I have a real bad feeling about him leaving. Look can you watch..."

"You don't even have to ask"

"Thank you boo", I threw on some jeans, a shirt and a jacket with my tennis shoes and I ran out the door to the car.

I didn't know where he was going so I drove around and saw some random corner boys had him at gun point in an alley. I got the gun out the glove compartment and shot at one making Larelle run and hop in the back seat.

They shot at the car and Larelle rolled the window down shooting them back. I turned a sharp corner and went back around. He made sure all 5 dudes were down and out and I drove back home.

I didn't even say anything to Larelle I just locked the car doors and walked into the apartment.

"Hey mamas baby", I said picking up Janiyah. She was sleep but moving so I rocked her and laid her down in her little bed as I sat on our bed.

"You need anything before I leave Mae? I'm about to go run some errands for Dashaun", Mila said after coming in the door.

"No I'm fine thanks though"

"No problem. Call me if you change your mind"

"Alright"

I heard the front door open then close so I knew she had left and that's when Larelle came in, I just shook my head. He picked up Janiyah and left I guess taking her to her room so I laid down more in the bed and started watching tv.

"Ba--"

"I don't want to talk Tiny"

"So I'm Tiny now?"

"Yupp"

"Baby girl thank you", he climbed on top of me as I was under the covers and he just laid down on my stomach wrapping his arms around me.

"I don't want to hear it and get off of me. You could've died and I kept telling you no"

"I know baby and I should've listened to you"

"Yeah now listen to me and get off of me"

"I'm good. I love you girl"

"Yeah right hard headed big headed annoying...ouch", he squeezed my thigh and laid back down. "I don't like you"

"That's fine", I rubbed his head and he rubbed up and down my legs until he fell asleep.

The next morning Larelle was surprisingly still sleep on me. I looked down at him and smiled, I'm always used to waking up alone.

"You finally woke", he mumbled on my stomach.

"Yeah, how long you been woke?", I sounded a little hoarse from just waking up.