You're Gonna Have to Earn It (For @Cutiplier)

This is a personal for a good friend of mine, Brittany (a.k.a. @Cutiplier). She's an amazing author and just an amazing person all around. Make sure you check her page out, too! (:

{FOR EVERYONE READING THIS: Sorry about the time skips so often in the beginning, the start of the story isn't as important as the rest... if you know what I mean ;)}

[[P.S.: Mark looks dapper as fuck, and hot as fuck in that picture. lmao.]]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BUZZ....BUZZ....BUZZ. 

"Ugh... shut UP!"I slowly pulled my arm out form under the blanket and shut my alarm off, dreading the work-day ahead. 'It shouldn't be like this... I worked hard to get here, and I've gotten fucking NOWHERE. I've had it... either I'm getting a raise or leaving-- Mark's going to have to deal with it.' 

It wasn't long before I was internally raging at that fact, and slowly getting out of bed-- heading to the shower. As I walked into the bathroom I stopped in my closet to pick out what I wanted to wear... I work at "Fischbach & Co.", a simple (but extravagant) law firm in the middle of town. Mark decided that what he wanted to peruse instead of engineering. 

After picking out a simple, black skirt and a white button-down blouse I paired it with sleek black pumps and headed off to take a shower

*********

RING RING....RING RING 

'For fucks sake!....'

I pulled my phone out of my purse and answered the call, "Hello?..... I'm on my way right now, you said I didn't need to be there until 8 instead of 7..... But, Mark, you said..." I quickly shut up when I head Mark slightly get angry with me, keeping quiet when I head him take a deep breath, "Now Ms. Morden, you know better than to call your boss by his first name..." Mark has always been like that, he feels that it's more professional to use last names, but he's okay with everyone else calling him Mark-- or at least co-workers that know him better. "I'm sorry, Mr. Fischbach.... but that's what you said. You never told me that had changed." 

We exchanged a few last, irritated words before we hung up and I continued driving... already regretting the day ahead. 

*********  

I walked into the building and straight to the elevator, pressing the highest level and enjoying the silent ride. 

When I exited the small, square "room" I was greeted by Cynthia, the intern. She was a shorter girl-- but in her 5 inch heels she was almost towering over me, "Can I get you anything Brittany?"--"Uhm, no, it's okay." Guessing by the way she walked away, she knew I was already having a bad day... getting even worse when I saw the enormous pile of papers on my desk. 

"What is this?...." One of the other workers came behind me and explained, "Apparently we partnered with another firm down-town for a case... Mr. Fischbach wants you to do all the filing."--"I didn't go through 4 years of college, working my ass off to do filing.. this is bullshit!" I, trying my best to stay calm, asked the worker to leave and shut my door on the way out. 

'This is fucking stupid. He has me do all the small things here when he KNOWS I'm the hardest worker. And he has even said so, that's why he put me in the offices.' Remembering that he did also reminded me that he was across the hall from me. I quickly got up from my chair, not even caring about what the outcome of what was about to happen next. "He's gonna get a piece of my fucking mind."

I stormed out of my office and into Mark's, ignoring that fact that I should probably knock first-- it's a good thing that nobody was in here. It took a moment before I finally said something, but a moment to long... he had already started talking, "Can I help you, Ms. Morden?" I clenched my fist at how casual he sounded... "Yeah, you can. What's with all the "filing" I have to do? I didn't spend 4 years busting my ass in high school and 4 years busting my ass in college to be a fucking organizer, Mark."--"Ms. Morden, I have repeatedly asked you to call me Mr. Fischbach. And I wanted you to do the filing because I felt like it was a fit job for you."