The Assasssin's Dream:Chapter 3

I blinked when I came to. All I saw was white and I immediately thought, Am I dead? Though, I was quickly proved wrong when I felt some weight on my hand. I looked over at the slight pressure and to my surprise, it was Zuran sleeping.

        I was overcome with happiness when I saw him. I had honestly thought that he was killed during Nayami's defection. I quickly realized that I had no idea what happened to the Kingdom. It could be destroyed for all I know! 

         With that thought I moved slowly upwards, as not to wake Zuran. I was in immense pain and I was feeling slightly dizzy and lightheaded, but because I am rather stubborn, I wasn’t planning on staying down because of only pain. I moved barely each second and from my counting it took about 20 full minutes to pull myself up fully. By now, the pain was unbearable and I wanted solely to pass out, yet I wouldn’t because my Kingdom’s safety came first.

                I put my feet on the ground slowly and suddenly realized something…I could see! Also, I could feel pressure which meant touch! I wasn’t fully sure if I could hear so I made a low whistle that only dogs or extremely gifted people could hear. I heard the little swff~ sound and I knew that my hearing was back also! I needed to test smell so I put my nose to my shoulder and breathed in. As always, I smelled like vanilla which confirmed that I was indeed capable of smell. I looked around and finally registered that I was in a hospital, which likely was in Konoha as I was just with Sonkei, Kakashi and Gai…also I could see the Hokage Mountain.

                I looked around to see if there was a way that I would be able to test my taste but there was no food. Only a single blue rose lay on my dresser. I made a move to get up realizing I was too busy lost in my own thoughts but was stopped by a hand that rested on my shoulder. I looked over to see that Zuran was studying me but I also saw that his eyes were not as light as they usually were. They looked more…emotionless…. something that I didn’t like very much on my brothers face.

                It was unusual and unsettled me greatly. I looked at him and saw that he was as if in a daze. He didn’t look fully focused on me. He looked like he was thinking about something else, and it must have been serious. I saw his eyes dart to my confused one and he opened his mouth as if to speak then closed it again obviously deciding against it. Though I was slightly curious about why he seemed so troubled and why I thought I wouldn’t have my senses.

“Zuran, Why am I in a hospital?” I asked in a confused manor.

I saw his eyes widen as if realizing something before they filled with pity, “Aneki, Do you remember what happened?”

“I’m not sure…what did happen?” I asked honestly puzzled which was new for me as I knew many things.

I saw him frown in sadness and his eyes fill with tears, “Nayami defected.”

I blinked at him and narrowed my eyes before asking in a very professional tone, “Well, Reason. Date. Time. Status.”

Zuran obviously not accustomed to my professional tone answered with nervousness, “R-Reason unknown. December 23. 11:00 pm on Monday. R-R-Rouge Assassin possibly with the S-Rank Ninja Group A-Akatsuki.”

I felt a headache as images flashed thru my head of Nayami holding fathers head in her hand and Orochimaru beside her. I screamed in pain as more images flashed through my mind about what happened that night, though the worst one was seeing fathers head. I clutched my head in between my hands as I felt as if my head was going to split in two halfs.

                I looked at Zuran to see he was panicking and even though I was in severe pain I took one of my hands and clutched his sweaty one with a tight squeeze for reassurance. I clamped my eyes close as another wave of intense pain blazed all over my body. I sat like that holding Zuran’s hand and basically ripping out my hair before the pain suddenly stopped.