The Assassin's Dream: Returning Home!

I sat on a thin bamboo stick and harnessed my spiritual chakra. If I fell I would land in lava which would burn me alive. Though, I was so lithe now I could stand in a man’s palm on only one toe without him struggling to hold me. I only needed one finger to do vertical pushup. I was in Mount Koi and I was currently in an underwater cave.

          I felt like I was one with nature and I knew then that I had finally finished my training. I was currently at Mount Koi. You know the fish that had the little whisker like things on the side of their faces. I had been here for two years to study on being a Koi Sage. I was now able to become one with water. I could breathe like a fish and had grown gills but the process was painful so I just settled for holding my breath. My record was 3 days. Yep, I actually lived under water with the koi master for three days.

          Underwater is so much prettier than our war-torn land on earth. I was allowed to live underwater forever but I would never be able to return to the surface. Though, I replied no without hesitation because I missed the Leaf. Specifically, Naruto, Kakashi, Sonkei and Old man Hokage, I realized how much I truly loved them once I was gone for such a long time.

          You won’t believe it but I can even sleep underwater without rising. With my spiritual chakra nature that took a liking to water, it would slightly alter my weight so I could sleep.  The mountain was actually a gigantic ocean underwater cave. My room was underwater and I had a kelp bed that was surprisingly comfortable and I would sleep and eat. Yeah, eating underwater was complicated at first but soon I was taught by a fellow Koi Sage how to bring an air bubble from the surface that would contain my food from getting soggy.

          I had also grown very close to the Koi Master who was basically just a gigantic rainbow koi that was extremely wise and powerful, no big deal though. He had blood red eyes that were firm but would soften just for me or his wife, Shiro. As you can guess, she was all white with blue eyes and were absolutely amazing to look at. She also adopted me as her daughter and loved me like I was her own.

          They had known I would leave one day, I just didn’t expect it to be today and so urgent. I had a special summoning Koi that could transform into a human boy, I named him Setsuna. Yeah, he was cursed when he was a baby and forced to turn to a Koi randomly whenever in contact with water. I had made a contract with him after the first day I met him because he seemed trustworthy. He would be my messenger to the leaf at which I regularly filled with monthly updates on my whereabouts.

          So when Setsuna came into my quarters panting air bubbles I was slightly freaked out because he was rather lazy and hated traveling. I saw him tiredly float towards me and I reached the scroll that was on his back and stole one of his air bubbles to lock out the water so the scroll wasn’t damaged.

          I read it and immediately I knew I had to get back, this was truly urgent. Plus, it would be a funny surprise for Naruto. I nodded for Setsuna to teleport away and I watched his poof particles dissolve into the water before I ran out of my room.

          I ran on the soft sea bed and reached the Koi master’s chambers. I opened the door to his painting room (Yes, he could paint with his tentacle thingy’s. It was also Water paint :D) where he always was and I saw that he was painting a picture of Shiro, Him and I. I felt overwhelming sadness at the thought of leaving my ‘parents’ and I hopped onto his huge tail and climbed up all the way to his head.

          I felt him do a fish like grin before he put down his paint supplies and grabbed my into a hug with is tentacles. I smiled with happiness but it soon fell as I got ready to tell him the news.

          “Father, it’s time for me to leave now, I have been summoned back to Konoha.” I said softly.

I watched as he pulled me back before speaking the Koi language and calling Shiro. I watched as her shiny white scales entered the room and sparkled like the stars in the sky. I smiled at her and let her pull me into a hug also.