Chapter 14 - Back to School

>Welcome back everyone! This year is different. Different grade, different people (maybe), different everything. Then there's school...sadly.<

>Summer Update<
Me and Andrew broke up. I know terrible idea from the start. So, I'm never going back. I also passed summer school. That's really it I guess.

>Wednesday<

It was the first day of 8th grade. Kinda excited. Almost the same feeling I had on my first day of middle school, pumped up and wide awake. I asked my dad to take me the first day since the bus is always packed.

I got to school and went into the auditorium, because I was early. I looked around for people I might have remembered and found my friends from summer school. After 3 minutes the bell rang and we had to go to class. My frost class was math.

Through out the day I was studying my schedule. Most of the teachers were new to me, so it was hard to know which ones were strict. All I had to do was focus and not being annoying.

My main focus this school year was to complete my goal. Graduate on my first try. Failing one class will bring me to summer school in a heart beat. I only had 2 reasons to graduate. Make it to high school and see the new bae.

I paid attention in each class to make sure I had a easy way to pass. So far it doesn't seem easy. I guess I'll have to do what ever it takes.

>Thursday<

Still having a pumped up feeling. Don't know why and how. I got to math class and see an old friend from my first year of 6th grade. Not the best feeling in the world, but he didn't seem to remember me. So I went on with class. We kept giving glares at each other. I had no clue why, but it made me feel uncomfortable.

It was when I was walking to lunch a teacher pulled me over.

Teacher:Excuse me young man.
I turn to look...even though I don't like being addressed that way.

Teacher:Are you on your way to lunch?

Me:Yeah.

Teacher:Can you show this young girl where it is? She's new here.
I nodded my head and she tagged along.

It was a quiet walk, luckily it was short. I showed her where everything was around the lunch room. So I began to walk to my friends when she stopped me.

Girl:Hey, can I sit with you?

Well the thoughts that ran through my head were crazy. First thought was that since I was sitting around boys is that she would feel uncomfortable. Second thought is that she doesn't know me like that.

So I did what was best, showed her Kayleen and my other friends. That was best for her since she was new and they were girls. The rest of the day she followed me and I showed her where her classes were.

>Friday<

Schedules were changing like crazy these past 2 days. Mine has never changed while I was in this school, which was kinda odd. I didn't worry about it as long as it didn't change.

The new girl, Kayle, was now apart of our "group," but I don't like thinking that I'm in a group. During gym the principal came in to make an announcement about the new changes this year. So I was focused on all her words.

We were having new bathrooms and a new field. Knew about the bathroom changes, but not the new field. There was also no more mid-terms and finals. That means that would make my goal easier to achieve. The catch was that each marking period is now 25% of my overall grade and that there will be a test at the end of each one. She was also also trying to add gym to summer school, which worried me. I change and all for PE, but I was never good at sports.

This year has to be smooth sailing or I'll sink.