9 | Escape

She was free at last

She was free at last. Free from that palace and free from that perverted king. Like hell, she would stay there and let him get his hands on her. The only one she would let touch her was Judar; it was his warmth that she sought, no one else's.

(y/n) slid into an alleyway and glanced around her. She now had to be careful of palace guards and think of ways to get to Kou and back to her Judar.

The fallen magi was still alive; she was sure of it. The black rukh around her told as much. (y/n) couldn't hear the rukh speaking per se, but she could sense things from them and could feel Judar's rukh, ebbing beside her.

Two palace guards ran past her shouting about an escapee and something about not being able to kill or harm the person they are supposed to recapture. Like they'd be able to hurt her anyway, pfft. (y/n) didn't like to use her magic, but if she had to, she would.

Screw what those people would think. At this point, she was beyond caring.

Drawing her cloak around herself and pulling her scarf up over her face, to obscure most of it, she moved out of the alleyway. Then, she started to wander down the streets.

After a while of walking, she ended up at the Sindrian River, and the place beside it was similar to where she used to reside, back in Balbadd.

She found an empty tent and inside was nothing but an old blanket that would keep out the cold on those unbearable winter nights. She opened the tent flap and made herself comfortable on the hard pavement floor - well as comfortable as she could be.

What was she supposed to do now? She needed to pass along a message to Judar somehow. Was there any way she could contact him? And then an idea came to her...

Rukh manipulating was one of her many powers as a witch, and it was something she was rather good at. It wouldn't be hard for her to send a few black rukhs in the dark magi's direction.

(y/n) gathered up her strength and captured some rukhs in the palm of her hands. She whispered something to them and then blew on them lightly, sending them soaring into the sky, and they flew toward Kou.

Hopefully, they'll reach him.

The rukh fluttered around the sleeping form of one fallen magi. They tangled in his long, black hair that spread out around him on the bed. They tickled his nose and rested on his eyelids.

"Get off!" The aforementioned magi drowsily swatted them away and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. "Some people just can't peacefully sleep, can they?"

Despite saying this, it had been a while since Judar had any proper sleep, peaceful or otherwise. The only time he slept was when he passed out from being too tired, and couldn't keep his eyes open any longer. Thoughts of (y/n), weighed heavily on his mind. It had been weeks since the fight with Alibaba, and it had been just as long since he had seen (y/n).

This was strange, very strange indeed.

Judar had never experienced feelings like this before. Liking, or loving someone, was a new thing for him, and he was clueless what to do with the things he was feeling. I had always known him as being uncaring and cold, drowning out everything that held no meaning for him. That girl had changed everything, though. With her (e/c) eyes, (h/c) hair and her short stature. Her size was perfect for when he wanted to cuddle with her.

Why was he thinking of all this crap? It really was unlike him.

Shaking his head, to get rid of those silly thoughts, he picked up his wand. Braiding his hair was simple, with just a wave of his wand, and it was done.

A slight rustling could be heard coming from the direction of the window, and Judar immediately knew that there was a disturbance amongst the rukh.

He walked over to the window and peered outside. Black rukh was swarming together and heading towards where he was standing. When he squinted his eyes, he could see they were coming from where the Sindrian palace should be. Was it a message from (y/n)?

The black-haired male breathed a sigh of relief and smiled slightly to himself. At least he knew that (y/n) was okay. All he had to do now was to retrieve her.

Since his injuries were mostly all gone, and it was easier for him to move around. He got dressed in his usual clothes and called for his magic carpet.

He was going to get her back.