Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Lilly POV

"Lilly you like splendid tonight,” came the sing song voice of Elizabeth.

"Why thank you Elizabeth, you too look delightful."

 "Have you seen Juliana I have been looking for her for over an hour now?"

"Oh yes come closer, what a story. I saw her leave with a certain Dallas boy.”

 "Jake?”

"No Tim...."

"Are you positive?”

 "Yes, he invited her to share a special dance on the terrace; so I hear.”

Elizabeth's eyes creased with tears."I'm so glad" was all she could muster. I knew this little white lie was ripping her to shreds. She deserved it though. She was always stealing the spotlight from Juliana, who was clearly the prettier and smarter one of the two sisters.

Elizabeth was all poor Juliana heard of and she was tired of it. Being observant had its advantages. I could gather just enough information to use as wedge with those I don't like. For instance Elizabeth and Tim were obviously attracted to one another. I timed it just right to tell Jake the rumor about Elizabeth while she was in the bathroom. She was in there just enough time for him to notice her absence.

He bought it. They always did. Now I was finishing my little game by throwing Juliana into the whole perplexity. This ensured Monday we could go for a ride through the park for her to rant about Elizabeth. Sometimes it was scary how good I was at being bad. Of course all this was concealed behind a charming smile and irresistible Russian accent. I had worked on manipulating people for years. 

"Elizabeth darling I must get going, have a lovely evening.” I walked away laughing deviously. I didn't have to turn around to know Elizabeth was crying silent tears in her heart. It wasn't the first time.