Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Juliana POV

"Elizabeth I'm so sorry, please let me in.”

"Go away," she wailed.

"I was being childish and I didn't mean it, now can you please tell me what happened.” The crying stopped and the door opened slowly. Elizabeth looked a mess. Her hair had almost come completely undone and dark black smudges lined her cheeks. She was sniffling heavily, her face red from crying.

Without a word I held her in my arms. I was overcome with guilt for my behavior. Deep down I loved her, she was my own flesh and blood after all. She poured out the whole story to me, beginning with the ball. I was so shocked that I was involved in the mess.

I tried to concentrate as she babbled on, but I was afraid. She mentioned that someone said they saw her leave with Derek. We look nothing alike. Some had even in the past questioned if we were really sisters. Wouldn’t that mean someone intentionally told Elizabeth I left with Derek?

Someone held a knife, a knife of secrets. I didn't know who, but I needed to find out. My back is open, exposed, and ready to be stabbed. Elizabeth’s as well. There are two types of killers that live amongst societies finest; Ones that kill you, and others that kill your reputation.

The latter are usually the most nastiest and scariest. One was in our midst, and they wanted something. They always do. I just didn't know what. They wait and wait and wait, until you least expect it.

Then they strike.