Ch. 7 - Sweaty and Delicious

Michael POV

My phone alarm goes off. I reach into my pocket and shut it off. Time to get ready for the red carpet. I get up quietly. Damn, I can't believe that I met Eliana. She's a breath of fresh air that I didn't even know I needed. She is laying on her side with her hands tucked in between her legs, still wearing her glasses. I should try to take them off but I don't want to wake her; she looks peaceful. Something that I've been noticing is a rare look on her. When she thinks people aren't looking I can tell her mind goes somewhere dark. I'm going to try and keep her from that part of her brain. I head to my room distracted by everything that has happened in the past twenty four hours.

Inside my room, the rest of the guys and Alexis are sitting around.

"Don't you guys have your own rooms?" I say jokingly.

"Yes, we do but we like it here better. Why?" Luke says without looking at me.

"I just wanted some alone time but it's whatever," I say, sitting on the bed.

"Okay. I'm gonna go now. Is Eliana in the room?" Alexis asks me.

"Yeah, she's sleeping." She smiles at me and nods. She leans over and kisses Ashton on the cheek. He smiles up at her and grabs her hand.

They sure look close. Once she leaves, the jokes start.

"Holy shit, both of you guys found girls!" Calum exclaims while jumping on the bed. I laugh and look at Ashton. He has a smile on his face that I haven't seen in a while. "Man, now we have to make sure only you and I get surrounded by the pretty girls," Luke says while jumping on Calum's back. Calum laughs loudly and says, "Nothing is going to change then, we always had the girls only surround us."

"Fuck you," I say, laughing. "Get out of my room and go get ready. We have a big day ahead of us."

"Oh, look who's prioritizing," Ashton says sarcastically. I shake my head and open the door to the room. "Out," I demand while pushing them out of my room.

"Love you, Mikey!!!!" Luke screams. I love my mates. I'm so grateful we started a band together. I get ready and prepare myself to answer all the same damn questions everyone asks all the time.

Eliana POV

We were about done getting ready. Alexis had woken me up like two hours ago and I ordered room service because I woke up with a hole in my stomach. I didn't even feel Michael leave and I'm kind of upset I didn't get to tell him to have a great show. I decide to text him.

me // Hey...have a great show! I know y'all are going to kill it up there and all the girls are going to go INSANE!

Mikey! // Lol! thanks I appreciate that. Yeah insane is the word we are rock gods! ... totally kidding.

me //Yeah I don't think you are. Tell the other boys I said to kill it! See you on stage.

Mikey! // Ha. Don't distract me now... this is an important performance.

me // No promises.

Mikey! // That's what I like to hear.

Alexis and I decide to wear some skater dresses we found the day before leaving Texas. Hers is a deep maroon color with lace detailing and mine is a dark purple with a skinny black belt around my waist. We thought about wearing heels but then decided against it because hello, we hate heels and we're going to be jumping. So instead we put on our black high tops.  

We put our VIP lanyards around our neck and stick our ID's and some cash in the pocket. We head to the lobby and see a big buff guy with dark sunglasses holding a sign that reads 'Waffle Girls'. We start laughing and head his way. He looks at us and nods his head. The guys probably gave him a description just to make sure he didn't take random girls to the venue.