Chapter 7

Sydney's Pov

Ashton and I pulled up to Michael's house a few minutes late. Almost 20 minutes to be exact. I will admit that I distracted Ashton from taking his shower and he had to be quick. I just couldn't keep my hands off of him after what he said to his mom. And he may have had to take a cold shower. I smirk as I opened the passenger side door with the containers of the boys favorite frozen yogurts.

"I'm here! Sorry we're late!" I yelled as I opened the door. Luke ran to the door and grabbed his frozen yogurt.

"Finally. I have been waiting all day for this." He mumbled as he took the top off and licked the over flow. I giggled at his immaturity and lack of self control to go grab a spoon.

Ashton stood by watching the exchange between Luke and me.

"It might be easier to eat with a spoon there buddy." I said to Luke and he just stuck his tongue out. I laughed as I noticed the frozen yogurt covering his nose. I heard Ashton let out a small chuckle and Luke's eyes shot to him from behind me.

"Oh hey. You must be Ashton." Luke smiled a welcoming one. Ashton stepped a little closer to me and rest his hand on the small of my back. I sighed and leaned into his touch.

"And you must be Luke." Ashton chuckles and holds his hand out to shake. Luke grabs it and gives him a firm shake before letting go and motioning for us to follow him into the house. He leads us to the practice room and Ashton's hand hasn't moved from my back. I can tell he is slightly nervous but would never admit it.

"Guys, Banana's here!" Luke screamed as he ran towards his mic standing in between Michael and Calum's. There was a chorus of cheers and grabby hands as they took their frozen yogurts.

I scolded Michael and Calum as they did the same thing Luke did. "The kitchen is two feet away. Go grab spoons, nerds." They all shook their heads in unison and continued eating their yogurt.

I scoffed and turned to go grab spoons from the kitchen. Ashton gave me a nervous look as I walked past him. "stay here." I mouthed. He pouted but didn't follow. As I grabbed the spoons I heard the boys introducing themselves. Ashton's voice was still nervous as he introduced himself. And Michael's cocky voice broke through, "Oh we know who you are. Banana has not stopped talking about you." I ran back to the room with spoons and I gave Michael a glare as I threw his spoon at him. He just chuckled and gave me an evil smirk.

Ashton's hand was on my back again. He really couldn't keep his hands to himself.

Michael gave me a knowing smile as he noticed how close we were. I just stuck my tongue out and flipped him off. I walked towards the couch where I have seen these three boys play almost every song they have written so far. They started this little band in our last year of high school and its been 4 years now.

"I recognize you, but I can't figure out from where." Calum looked at him as he was in thought. I chuckled and nudged Ashton to get him to talk.

"I uh.. I went to the same high school as you guys. I was a year ahead." He was never this nervous. Holy shit. All the boys chorused an 'Ahh.' as they realised where he was from.

I turned to look at Ashton and gave him an encouraging smile before I sat on the couch. He stood in front of me for a second before he sat next to me and rested his hand on my thigh. My stomach warmed as he smiled at me. I leaned back against the couch to get comfortable as Calum was tuning his bass.

"Who's drum kit is that?" Ashton asked the boys and they just shrugged.

"It's out ex drummer's. He sucked, to be honest." Michael said as he hit a symbol.

Ashton stood up and grabbed the drum sticks sitting on the stool behind the kit. "Do you mind?" he asked the boys, nervousness laced through his voice.

"No, have at it." Luke chuckled as Ashton sat down.

I watched on as Ashton wiped his hands on his pants before twirling the drum sticks in his hands. He started the into to a song and the boys perked up. They knew the song. Calum grabbed his bass and joined in. It was a Green Day song. Luke grabbed his guitar and stood in front of his mic. Michael did the same.

I sat on the couch in aw, my mouth hanging open. I always knew they weren't as good without a drummer but holy shit.

I look at Ashton and he looked sexy as he beat down on the drums. He was good, great, better than great.

"And loneliness has to suffice bite my lip and close my eyes I was slipping away to paradise some say, 'Quit or I'll go blind.' but it's just a myth." Michael's voice rang through the room as the song ended. It was silent for a few minutes.

"Holy shit." I mumbled, breaking the silence.

"What she said." Calum said as he turned to look at Ashton behind the drum kit. Ashton gave him a nervous smile as he stood up and moved to stand near the couch.

"Sorry. I uh.. I'm sorry." I have never seen him so nervous, not even in high school.

"Dude, what are you apologizing for? That was fucking insane!" Luke turned with a wide smile and ran to Ashton. He tackled him in a hug and I let out a chuckle as Ashton tried to hold his balance.

"I.. What?" Ashton asked confused.

"That was insane. You should come practice with us more. We sounded crazy!" Michael cheered as he played a chord on his guitar.

Ashton looked at me after Luke let him go. I gave him an approving smile and he sat down next to me.

"I didn't know you played drums." I raised my eyebrow.

"Well there are a lot of things you don't know about me." I frowned at him before turning to watch the boys banter about what song to play next. "But you will find them out, princess." Ashton added.

His bottom lip was pulled between his teeth when I looked back at him. I looked at his lips and then his eyes and he smirked.

"I think we're done for today. Ashton blew us away and we need to recover from that brilliance. So wanna go out to eat?" Luke's voice broke my gaze from Ashton.

"Uh.. sure." Ashton answered for us. He stood up and grabbed my hand to pull me with him. The boys were already walking towards the front door. When I knew they couldn't see Ashton or me, I pulled him towards me. I grabbed his face between my hands and connected our lips. He groaned before he slipped his tongue into my mouth. His hand wound around my back as the other was gripping my hip. He pulled me closer, as close as he could get me.

When he pulled away, I whimpered and he just smirked. We were both out of breath as we walked towards the front door. I opened the door and all three of the boys were sitting on the steps.

"Geez, couldn't wait til after dinner to suck each others faces?" Calum smirked at me as my cheeks grew crimson.

"Shut up." I mumbled as all of them burst into laughter, including Ashton. "You guys suck." I huffed and crossed my arms with a scowl on my face.

"Come on grouchy face. We're going to the diner." I perked up as Calum stated where we are going.

The diner, also know as Angie's Place, was my absolute favorite place to eat. They had the best french fries and milkshakes. It became the boys hangout back in high school and when I joined them, we were there everyday. We're pretty much regulars and the owner knows all of us.

I clapped my hands as I ran to Ashton's car. I pulled on the handle but it was locked. I turned around to see a giggling Ashton walking as slow as possible. "Hurry up slow poke." I said eagerly.

"I'm coming, Syd. I'm coming." He walked a little faster and waited until he was standing next to the car to unlock it. As soon as I heard the click, I pulled the door open and slid right in.

"Someone's excited." Ashton chuckled as he started the car and drove towards the diner.