V

"Okay, so let's get started," I said as walked over to the board. I won't let my personal thoughts about Doctor Reid bother me, this is a very serious and important case. We're team members for the team, but after the game's over we won't even glance at each other. I'll just have to put my differences aside for the remaining amount of time we have together. Although part of me was disappointed to be stuck with the Reidepedia, he's definitely a strong asset to have.

I glanced over to him and it seemed like he hadn't stopped smiling since we were paired together.

"Alright," I start again, grabbing an expo marker from the board. I tapped the end side of the marker on my chin as I began thinking. "So our idea from yesterday is ruled out. Adam's was obviously chosen by our unsub, she wasn't a puppeteer in the act-" I look over to him. "- You mentioned yesterday in the car that the wallflowers may be a reflection of the unsub."

He immediately nods and sits up in his chair. "Yes, I did. It's not unusual for unsubs to target their victims due to a trigger of some sort, like a-"

"Like a surrogate of some sort, like a spouse, adult figure in their young lives, a lost one, etc." I cut him, smiling as I tried not to appear rude. "I've been in this business for a long time, Doctor Reid," I replied as I turn to face the board again.

"Why do you call me doctor?" he inquired, his fingers twiddling against each other. I turned back to face him and instantly frowned.

"Do you prefer to be called agent?"

His eyes widened and he raised his hands in defense." No, No! Simply, 'Reid' is perfectly fine!" he assured. He ran his hand past his hair and tried to laugh it off. "I'm just curious about you constantly using my credentials!"

I stared at him for a moment, trying to understand what he was going on about, but when I realized he was simply just curious, a smile instantly appeared on my face. "Oh! Well, I've met a lot of people," I began, looking right into his forest, hazel eyes. "And a lot of them demand that their credentials are mentioned. I didn't want to seem ignorant or rude, Doc- Reid," I tell him, shrugging and biting my lip.

I swear, for the quickest second, his cheeks flared pink. I pretended not to notice as I continued about the case.

"So, Reid, there was nothing relating the first three victims, right? Besides two of them being the the same year. I'm assuming the second batch is the same as the first, two juniors and a sophomore." I sighed, frowning at the files. "Hm, well it seems like there wasn't any clubs they were associated in together or any group of friends they shared- As far as we know. I know that the rest of the team is still digging into their lives at the campus and speaking to their families."

"The unsub is most likely a fellow student, probably involved in every social group-" he looked down at the evidence. "- There are 103 clubs in a school of 60 acres and 2,725 students. It's a relatively smaller university, but still large enough to walk around unnoticed. Our unsub is most likely someone who doesn't stick out, for better or for worse."

I examine the wounds from the photographs. "These wounds seem so finely cuts that it's someone who knows what they're doing. Possibly a medical students in their last years? This skill doesn't come without practice."

"Exactly!" he exclaimed, immediately standing from his chair as he begins pacing around. "It's most likely a student doing clinicals in the hospital," he mentioned, nearly running towards the board and towering over me as he scribbled his notes on the board. He stopped in place and snapped his fingers, turning back to the table as he grabbed his phone.

"What's up?" I asked, standing next to him as he began dialing a number.

"I'm calling our technical analyst. Her name is Penelope Garcia, she can help us narrow down the suspects," he tells me as the phone rings. I nod just as she answers.