VI

"I'm fascinated with the show and the whole concept of the time and space, but out of all the doctors, the fourth doctor would have to be my favorite," Spencer told me as we continued our discussion on Doctor Who. I tilted my head to the side as we entered the hotel.

"How come?" I asked him, finally being able to remove my gloves from the cold weather. He slightly furrowed his eyebrows as he thought, clearing his throat before he spoke,

"I'd say that it's because I relate to him. He's not the normal, dashing hero that society has projected onto the screens nowadays," he begins, his hands moving in motion as he spoke. I slowly nodded as he continued, his eyes sparkling in passion with every word, making me slowly smile at his enthusiasm, "He's an oddball, like me-" he laughs a little at himself, making me furrow my eyebrows as I shake my head.

"You're not an oddball," I replied, kind of lying to him. He shrugs it off and looks away, a slight pink blush appearing on his cheeks, making me turn to the side, pretending not to notice again. As I was turning my head, I noticed a bakery at the corner of the hotel and instantly, an idea pops into my head. I felt so bad for declining his invitation to have dinner, but maybe I could make it up to him with having sweets for a few minutes!

I quickly turn to him again, to see him eyeing the large fountain at the center of the room. I tugged his sleeve, making his head snap over to me as I grinned at him.

"Hey," I begin, slightly pulling on his arm towards the bakery. "Let's get some sweets!" I tell him as I began walking, taking my prisoner with me. He instantly widened his eyes and shook his head.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea, Natalia," he replied. "Having deserts at this time can be very bad for you. The spike in your blood-sugar levels could cause your energy levels to spike and plummet, disrupting your sleep in the process."

I roll my eyes and tug him a little harder, laughing as we made our way towards the tiny bakery shop. "I think we'll be fine, Spencer. I can have coffee before I sleep and I'm fine!" I explain as we entered the shop. The scents of fresh deserts and bread instantly attack my senses and I jump in excitement. I rush to the counter and examine all the pastries on the shelves, my eyes awing at the food and my mouth nearly drooling at the sight. I was so focused on the food that I didn't even realize Spencer was standing so close to me.

I jumped a little at his presence, causing him to jump back too and frown. His teeth gritted together and his eyes widened as he held his hands up in defense.

"Sorry!"

I laugh it off and push him a little as I continued to look at the food. "I think I'm going to order some macarons." I told him. "There's this shop in Quantico that sells the best macarons you've ever tasted!" I tell him, my eyes slowly drifting towards him. Spencer instantly nods and points towards me.

"Harry O's!" he replies, his eyes adorably creasing as his smile got larger. My eyes instantly glowed with amazement.

"Where all go to-"

"-Eat at Harry O's!" we finish in sync, laughing at the fact that we both know the restaurant's motto. Spencer continued to grin at me and I continued to glare back at him. We stayed like that for a little, and for the first time with him my stomach began twisting and turning, little butterflies were flying around in me. We both were staring at each other for a while, and our sparks were flying all over the place. His features were beautiful, the way he towered over me but still managed to slouch enough to make me feel tall. And how goofy his face looked when he busted out laughing, but right now at this moment, his eyes were sparkling, and his cheeks flared with all of his smiling wrinkles. I didn't realize that I was holding my breath until he broke the silence.