XVII

Day One: complete

I began stuffing all my items back into my bag as I let out a huge sigh of relief. I was the last one to leave the office; I guess my quick paperwork skills need to be worked on. Today definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought my coworkers would look disgusted at me the second they spotted me, but it was as if they didn't even notice the scars over my body. Either my scars aren't as noticeable as I believe they are, or they don't want to be rude (like when your best friend gets a really bad haircut and you don't want to hurt their feelings).

The most likely downfall of my day would have been crying in front of Spencer. I didn't even expect to see that goofball. I always imaged our reunion would have been like some sappy romantic movie, where I would be across the room, doing whatever I was doing, and then from the corner of his eye he would spot me and I would spot him. Then the whole world would stop, except for us, and only our chemistry would float throughout the air towards each other.

But instead, I cried like a waterfall in front of him, and then he took me out for a little picnic and I was rude to him the whole time.

At least I didn't get kidnapped again.

Any day you don't get hurt or kidnapped is a good day.

I did apologize to Spencer though, the Natalia way at least: He walked me back to my floor and I told him that I liked the sandwiches he made. I never thought someone's face could turn as red as Spencer's face did at that moment. He was smiling so big that I thought his face was going to tear in two.

I clicked the down button for the elevator and after a short moment I was finally inside of it. I was alone in it for a while, until I reached Spencer's floor. I felt my heart leap as the elevator doors opened, nervous at the fact that Spencer may have been leaving the building at the same time as me. But instead, the very bubbly lady from this morning entered the squared elevator. Penelope Garcia.

She was messing with her bag, probably trying to find her keys in that mess.

"Oh, gosh, where did I put it?!" she muttered to herself. I stayed silent as she continued searching for whatever she was looking for, but in a short moment she pulled out a small object. "Aha!" she cries out, holding the object in a victory stance. She looks around the elevator, "I found it- Natalia!" she cried out again. I stare back at her as her smile widens. "How was your first day?!" she asked, standing next to me as I scooted away from her.

"Good," I replied, stepping out of the elevator as the doors opened. It's not that I didn't want to talk to Penelope, it's just that- Well, I didn't want to talk to her. She was practically jumping to reach me.

"Are you busy right now? We could grab something to eat!" she suggested.

I simply shook my head. "I have a lot of work to finish."

She frowned but instantly thought of another idea. "How about tomorrow? Do you want to get some coffee before work?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her before looking forward again. "I make my coffee at home," I lied. Truthfully, I usually try to go to Harry O's or maybe even that Starbucks around the corner.

"Maybe we can go out for lunch and-"

"-Garcia!" I snapped, my eye widened as I stopped in place as she ran into me. I groaned and clenched my fist. "I am busy! It's my first day back and you're trying to tackle me with all these ideas!"

Garcia stepped back and frowned. "I'm just trying to make you feel at home. I know it's been hard-"

"I'm fine! I don't need your help!" I scolded her, feeling a large amount of dominance overpower me. She opened her mouth to speak but not a single sentence could escape her mouth.