01 || Wait! Wait! Stop!

"Mom that's not fair!" I yell at her as I run down the stairs.

She turns around and it looks like she's ready to hit me, but I'm not gonna back down until I get what I want, "listen Chloe, you spent way over the budget we gave you last month. I'm sorry you're credit card got cut off, but you have to learn that money does not grow on trees."

"Mom!" I whine loudly. "You can't do this me! I was shopping at Mac and when I went to pay I was told that I don't have any money on it! I had to spend my allowance and that's only like 500 dollars!"

"It's a no Chloe, end of story!" My mom snaps.

I look at her dead in the eye, "mom! You're ruining everything! I thought you loved me! I hate you! This is why you're the mean parent! Daddy would never let you do this! God I wish you were the one who was on the other side of the world and not him! It's his money anyway! You don't even do anything minus spend the money and you know that! He should be the one controlling the money not you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!"

My mom says in a slow, steady, calm voice, "listen you little spoiled brat. I do so much more than you can see, I'm the one who makes sure you eat, I'm the one who takes care of you when you're sick, and who heals your broken heart. I deserve so much more than a daughter who is little bitch to me when she doesn't get what she wants. I'm sorry if I want my daughter to know the value of a dollar. Don't you ever talk to me like that again!"

I roll my eyes before stomping outside. I sit outside in my hammock beside my pool that's right in front of my fireplace as I write in my journal for English. We have to write an entry about the book we just read, The Outsiders. I look out to my garden which is huge. It's right next to my Apple tree that I've spent all my life making memories on. Like my first kiss. I look all the way up to see the Tree house my best friend and I spent years sharing secrets, laughing, and wasting our time as we make memories in. I look over at the hot tub where, the geek from science class I was partnered up with, tried to sleep with me. I then continue to look over at my play house I've never had the gut to take down. I've had it since I was baby, that's not something you just tear apart.

I stand up and walk over to the fence where I carved, "Chloe + Adam=Forever and Always". I smile as I run my hands over it. I walk over to my bin where I keep all my bikinis and towels, not one from a store like Walmart or target, they're all name brands. I smile softly as sit on my swing set I haven't been in for years. I look around my small corner of the backyard, everything around me being expensive.

I go to grab my book when I see a glimmer of light in my sisters woods. I chase after it as fast as I can. The light is flashing through the woods. "Hey!" I yell as if it's gonna listen to me. "Wait! Stop!" I chase after it as fast as I can. There are branches hitting me in the face as I run yelling after it, "wait! Wait! Stop!" I scream as I go tumbling over a branch face planting into the ground. I continue falling and falling. As I can see the what I'm falling into my heart drops. This is it! I close my eyes as I fall into the ditch that's about ten feet down.

Okay guys, so this is the first chapter. The main character Chloe is obviously in her time right now, but something strange is going on with that light in the woods. Stay gold. Do it for Johnny!
-Beth