11 || I Know how I Treated People

I nod my head, "just let me cleaned up first."

"Go ahead," Darry nods his head.

As soon as I'm all cleaned up and dressed I sit down and look at the gang. It looks like none of them has moved or even talked. The T.V. is still off and you could here a pin drop. "So...Where do you guys want me to begin?"

"How did you get here?" Sodapop asks.

I think back, "my mom and I were fighting about money. She cut off my credit card and I had spent more money than I care to admit on make-up. I didn't get all the stuff I put in my cart and I spent all the money I had that week. I was mean really mean. I went outside. I saw some light in the woods and ran after it.There is where I fell and when I stood up, I was here. I came here as a mean spoiled brat. I know how I treated people. I was terrible and I'm not proud, but it brought me here."

"When did you know where you were?" Johnny asks.

I shrug, "I don't know. I knew something was wrong when I stood up and I didn't know where I was then I got jumped. Where I'm from nobody dares put a hand on anybody else, we just tease and gossip about everybody. Then I met Sodapop and he seemed different. I have dreams every night where my teacher comes and I think she told me. That's when I knew."

"Where did you get that 500 dollars?" Darry asks.

I smile, "I get notes and packages from my family even though I'm here and he gave me it. I'm not a good person. I always spent all that on me. I never even donated a penny to anything. I didn't give good tips over seven percent tips. I didn't think they deserved it. I had enough money to get whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and I was so greedy. I didn't care about anybody, but myself."

Dally nods, "how are you here?"

I shrug, "I honestly don't know."

"Are you gonna leave?" Soda asks.

I shrug once again, "I don't know. I have to learn something, but I don't know what I have to learn. I've changes. I'm an okay person now...I think. If the opportunity presents itself, I think I'd say take me home, but I don't know. There's so much to think about. There's so many factor that go into that."

Two-bit looks up at me, "why are you here? Why didn't you tell us this sooner?"

"I couldn't," I explain. "I wanted to, but I wasn't allowed. I wasn't sure what would happen if I told you guys. I'm here because, I need to change. I need change in my life. I don't know why exactly I'm here. All I know is that I need to change. I'm so sorry I never told you about this. Is there anything else you would like to know?"

"How much longer do you think you have here?" Pony asks.

I walk over to him. I've grown to love him and think of him as a little brother, "I don't know how much longer I have. I've changed and I've learned a lot, but clearly not enough."

"What did the note say?" Steve asks curiously.

I shrug, "I never got to read it. I got jumped and kidnapped. I escaped, but I could of died. I deserved to die. I'm not a good person guys. I don't know why you guys like me so much. I'm not a good person."

Sodapop walks up to me, "it's because, we don't like you....we love you. You can't control who you love and we all love you. We don't want you to go. You are a good person...now at least. You gave Darry 500 dollars for no reason, you're a good person Chloe."

I shake my head, "no, I'm really not."

"We all love you Chloe," Johnny smiles weakly.

"Yeah Chloe," Two smiles and there's a hum of agreement that spreads through out the room.

"Gosh, I love you guys," I smile as we all hug. "I hope I have a while longer here because, I think I'd go insane without you."

"Then stay," Soda smiles down at me.

I nod, "maybe...maybe, I just will."
*****************************************************************************************************
"I love you Chloe," Soda pop looks over at me as we lay on my bed.

I shake my head, "no you don't."

"Yes....I.....do," he says in between kisses.

A few tears slip out my eyes once again. I feel like all I ever do is cry, "please don't."

"Why not?" He asks as he pets Winston.

"Because, you deserve so much better," I explain. "I love you Sodapop. I love you with all my heart, but I don't deserve you. I deserve some jerk who'll treat me the way, I used to treat me. You deserve everything. I hope you get what you deserve Sodapop, I really do. I don't deserve a good guy, like you Sodapop."

He pecks my lips, "yes you do. You do deserve a good guy."

"I want to be with you Sodapop," I inform him. "I want to be with you before I have to leave. I want to be able to be with you. I love you. You're my 1st love."

He crashes his lips against and it doesn't take long before things get heated.

So, this chapter sucks! I'm sorry. It was just an explanation chapter for the gang then a moment for Chloe and Sodapop. Do you guys ship Chloe-pop as much as I do? I sure hope you guys do. Stay gold. Do it for Johnny!
-Beth