03 || Welcome to Real Life Princess

Soda looks at me and smiles, "well I think we should probably be getting home Chloe, my folks will be worrying."

"Sodapop," I say softly. "I don't have a home. Remember? I'm not from around here."

He chuckles, "I meant we should be going to my house Chloe."

"Oh," I blush. "Yeah, but I think we should find a shirt for me. You're parents will probably think I'm weird if I meet them without a shirt on."

Soda sighs, "my parents wont think you're weird, they won't even meet you."

"Why not?" I ask. "Do you not live with them?"

"No, it's not that. They died in a car crash last year," Soda informs me.

"Oh," is all I say. "Well my dad is in Africa, he's a doctor and I haven't seen him in forever. I'm always really scared, I guess."

"I'm sorry to hear that," he says as he takes off his jacket. "My parent might not think you're weird, but my brothers would."

"Thanks," I smile as I put on his jacket."You know I'm keeping this right?"

"No, you're not," he smirks as he looks over to me.

I laugh softly, "actually I think I do."

"What makes you think that?" He asks.

"Well it's warm, and soft, and smells like you," I inform him as I run off. "Plus if you want it back you gotta catch me."

He takes off in a sprint running after me, "Chloe get back back here."

"Never!" I yell as I turn my head to look at him as I laugh, but then I fall over something tumbling down the hill. "Oh my god! Ow! Ow! Sodapop Ow! I really hurt myself. I can't move my ankle. I think I broke it. Oh my god Sodapop, ow."

"Chloe!" He screams nervously as he hurls himself to the ground.

I laugh softly, "gotcha!" I stand up and run away.

"Just remember, I know where we're going and you don't," he reminds me.

"Oh yeah," I say as I walk back to him. "I should of know. I just don't get the big deal of me keeping this when you can always buy another one."

"Life ain't like that," he responds.

"What do you mean? When you want something you buy it and when something happens to one of your things you buy a new one," I remind him chuckling softly.

"Wow," he shakes his head.

"What?" I ask defensively.

He shakes his head some more before looking up at me, "you're just not at all who I thought you would be."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I snap at him.

"Nothing! It means nothing Chloe!" He screams before muttering, "well nothing you would understand at least."

My blood boils as I look at him, "excuse me?"

"What?" He asks harshly.

"What did you just say?" I ask him through gritted teeth.

"Nothing! I said it means nothing!" He screams once again as if I didn't hear that.

I roll my eyes, "c'mon Soda, you're smarter than that. What did you say under your breathe?"

"Nothing Chloe," he rolls his eyes as he storms off.

"Sodapop!" I yell after him as he storms away from me as if it was nothing. "You have to bring me home remember! Now get your little ass back here and bring me home. I don't wanna be outside anymore, my feet hurt. It's time to go. Chop. Chop."

He turns around and I swear I can see the fire behind his blazing eyes, "listen you little spoiled brat. I do so much more for you already, I saved you from the socs, gave you my jacket, and I'm letting you stay at me house. I deserve so much more than some girl I don't even know who is little bitch to me when she doesn't get what she wants. I'm sorry if I know the value of a dollar and you don't. Don't you ever talk to me like that again!"

I feel a ping in my heart as he says that reminding me of my mom. As I talk my voice becomes soft and scared as I whisper, "I'm sorry. Can we just go home now?"

His face softens and he grabs my hand, "don't be sorry Chloe, I should be, I clearly hit a nerve and stepped over a line I shouldn't of. I'm sorry. Lets go home."

We walk until we get to a small run down house. I look at the house than turn to him, "you gotta be kidding me."

He shakes his head, "welcome to casa ala Curtis."

I laugh loudly knowing he's joking, "okay funny joke, now lets actually go home."

"It's not that bad, I promise," he smiles eagerly. "C'mon."

"You mean you're not joking?" I ask shocked.

He shakes his head as he runs inside, "nope!"

I step onto the mud my Gucci heels sinking into them, "oh my god Sodapop! Sodapop! Sodapop, don't just leave me like this! Sodapop! Sodapop, there's bugs. Ewe! Sodapop!"

He sits on the porch and watches me struggle, "sorry princess."

"Ewe! Ewe! Ewe! Gross! Ewe! Gross! Gross! Ewe! Gross! Ewe! Gross! Gross! Sodapop!" I scream loudly as I walk across the gross mud. By the time I get to the house Sodapop is already inside. I look at him giving him the bitch face, "ewe Sodapop!"

"Sorry hun," he laughs.

Not noticing my surroundings, I pull off my jacket and throw it at him along with my heels, "and you can have your stupid jacket back because, I sure as hell don't want it! You also ruined my best heels! I hate you!"

As I stop talking I hear a whistle followed by a strong New York accent, "well hello there, my name is Dallas Winston, you're one true love."

I laugh in his face, "uh no! Sorry hood, I only date upper class man."

"Well it just so happens than when it comes to girls, I am an upper class man, trust me," he winks as he pushes my hair behind my ear. "I'm sure you hear this all the time, but you are really pretty. Wanna go out some time?"

My cheeks flush a light pink, "well I guess."

He smirks, "I'll pick ya up at six tomorrow night."

"Perfect," I smile as he walks out of the house. I turn to the other guys in the room, "well I'm Chloe and I meet people with no shirt on...Casual." I strut upstairs, but when I get up there I look back down the stairs, "Sodapop!"

"Mhmm?" He answers.

"Where do I sleep? Oh yeah and I need something to sleep in. Preferable something pink and silk." I yell down the stairs.

"Pink and silk, I'll see what I can do," he chuckles as he runs upstairs. He runs into a room then out of it with huge sweats and an even bigger t-shirt, "you're sleeping on the couch."

I look at him blinking with a clueless face on, "no seriously."

"I'm being serious," he smirks. "Sorry princess. By the way the bathroom is down stairs."

I knit my eyebrows, "what are these?"

"Pajamas" he replies.

"Sweats and a t-shirt?" I ask.

He nods, "welcome to real life princess."

"Will ya stop calling me princess?" I snap.

"Can't do," he smiles.

Well this is the end of the third chapter! I gotta say I love writing this book! The character of Chloe is so opposite of most people and she's a stereotype rich girl which I love, but she's going for the bad guy instead of her "hero". Stay gold. Do it for Johnny!
-Beth