chapter nine: management

Austin Carlile P.O.V.
A week later

I shake Taylor a bit from her dreams. She let's out a groan. It's 9'o clock and we need to start getting to the tour bus. She and I both have practice today. We haven't been working, band wise, for a week now.
"We have practice today remember? Then we have to go to your home town tay." I whisper.
She gets up, giving me a pout.
I smile at her, kissing her forehead. She smiles at me and she quickly gets up, heading to the shower. I'm already ready so I just pack up some more stuff of ours from the hotel. She's comes to the living room, all dressed up. She has on a tight black shirt and ripped up leggings with high top converse. I grab the bags in her hands and we head out of the hotel. I put some more stuff in the trunk of my car. I hand her the keys so she could drive.
"Yes! I'm driving." She laughs and gets into the car like a happy child who just got some candy. I get into the passenger seat and we go to the tour bus. I greet my band, she greets her.
Alan gives me a hug and I smile at him.
"So how's everything ?" He asks. I nod happily.
"Good. I'm actually happy." I answer. I see Taylor going with her manager to the back to talk. Most likely it has to be bad by the way Taylor's furrowed eyebrow expression is. I bear Alan from a distance because I'm not paying attention to what he's saying. I'm looking at Taylor. I see her manager grab her arm and Taylor winces. Alan looks at what I'm looking at and he crosses his arms.
"Why the hell is he grabbing her like that?" Alan says.
"I don't know but I'm about to find out." I head to the back, Alan follows.
The manager guy let's go of Taylor.
Taylor plasters a smile on her face that I see right through.
"What's going on here Tay?" I ask, glaring at the manager. Taylor shakes her head.
"Nothing. We were talking about the headlines thing. He was upset but he's fine now." She says looking down.
"You sure?" I ask her. She nods not even looking at me. I grind my teeth while looking at the manager. I grab Taylor's hand, she flinches. We head to practice. Taylor still doesn't look at me.