chapter ten: tears of joy

Taylor Momsen P.O.V.

"That was good guys." I say to band when we finish practicing. Austin texted me about 5 times. Asking me about the manager. I ignored all of the texts. Yeah that guy did grab me pretty hard but I don't want to make more trouble.. I always mess things up when it comes to having a manager.. it's always my fault. I walk over to the lunch table and grab an apple. Austin hugs me from behind and I flinch a bit but then relax when I notice it's him, he furrows his eyebrows at me and I give a fake smile. He then grabs my hand and leads me to the bathroom.
"Where in the guys bathroom Austin.." I say. He stares into my eyes and grabs my face with one hand, caressing my cheek.
"Please tell me what's going on. I need to know. I want to be there for you and help you.. but I can't help if you don't tell me anything." He says nearly in tears.
"it's always my fault when it comes to managers. I always screw things up.." I spit out.
"You never do taylor! They do. Their the ones who are either perverts or jerks who want to push you around." He says not breaking eye contact with me. He might be right.
I look down.
"He hit me.. my manager Christopher hit me.. it was just once.." I say.
Austin looks at me with anger in his eyes.
"When? Where is he at? I'll kill him!"
I step backwards. He steps forward.
"Just let it happen. I don't want any trouble." I say.
"No! He hurt you and I can't have anyone hurting my baby! Where did he hit you?"
"He slapped me in the face.. because of the headlines."
Austin gets furious and storms out of the bathroom. I follow him speeding up. He finds Christopher and goes up to him.
"You like hitting girls huh?" Well not my girl." He punches him directly in the face. In a matter of seconds, Christophers nose is bleeding.
"Hit me!" Austin yells. I back away a bit. I never seen him this angry before. Christopher gets up and walks away. Austin comes up to me and says:
"I'll handle getting you a new manager. But he's definitely fired." I sob and hug him.
"Thank you." I say.
"I'll tell you everything Austin." I counting still holding him.
He stops hugging me and holds my face cupping both my cheeks.
"I want to protect you. For always."
I smile at him, light in my eyes.
He smiles back.
"I'm in love with you." I say.
Phil, comes to us and says: "awwwww"
Austin and I both laugh.
"So there's this party at me and Alans hotel room before we all go our separate ways to our hometown. You guys are invited for sure. Sleeping with sirens will also be there." Phil says. Austin looks at me as I nod. Then he nod.
"Sure." He smiles and I smile to Phil as well.
"Oh by the way, Austin I need to talk to you about me going back to my house." I look at Phil and he walks backwards smiling and leaves.
"So what's up tay?" Austin asks me.
"Well.. when I go back home to my parents.. I want you to come with me." He looks at me surprised.
My face turns red.
"I mean unless you don't want to then it's fine um." I stutter. He grabs my hand and says:
"of course I want to.. I was actually thinking about that for days now. I don't wanna leave your side Taylor. Plus my dad is with his new wife ever since my mom died.. and I don't wanna be there. I was hoping that when we go to your hometown, we can eventually get our own house.. and get settled together."
I jump up and down and start tearing. "You really do love me huh." I hug him.
He looks at me and says: "you're crying.."
I respond.
"These are tears of joy."