Chapter 3

(A/N: I'm using a few head-canons and theories about children of Iris in this story because I think they're pretty cool.)

"Is she okay?" Someone whispered.

"She should be- oh look she's stirring." A voice replied, louder than the first.

I woke up on a couch in the Big House, I think? A lot of people were looking at me including the demigods I had just met, Jason, Chiron, Dionysus and a bunch of strangers. I sat up, swung my legs around and stared at them all.

"I passed out again?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah. Do you remember your dream? You said something but it doesn't make sense." Chiron told me.

"I saw nothing but black but I heard a voice. She said that I can't run forever and I was lucky to escape the rogue demigods and monsters she sent after me. I think she aid there are more where they came from or something like that." I explained.

"When you were attacked by the Cyclopes what did he say?" Jason asked.

"Not enough to kill me but enough to stop me from running. Does someone want me?" I asked, panicked.

"We're not sure. You've just got here so don't worry." Chiron reassured me.

"Can I leave please?" I asked.

"Just wait a second. Your father is Gerald Thompson right?" Chiron asked.

"Gerald Thompson? Dude he's my brother and an amazing warrior!" A buff, obviously Ares, girl cried.

"Yeah. Why is that important?" I asked Chiron.

"No reason. You may leave now. Everyone is dismissed." Chiron announced.

I stood up and walked out before everyone else. As I stalked back to my cabin, I was stopped by a warm hand touching my arm. I turned to see Leo Valdez, bad boy supreme smiling at me.

"Hello Leo Valdez." I said with a sigh.

"I've never heard anyone so sad to say my name." Leo laughed.

"Sorry it's just- it's my first proper day and I've already been threatened by Zeus knows who." I sighed.

"You'll be fine. If not, I'm here to protect you." He said flexing his 'muscles'.

"Okay. How will you protect me then?" I asked, crossing my arms and raising my eyebrows.

"Like this sunshine." He said showing me his hand and setting it ablaze.

"Cool but you did not just call me sunshine?" I asked shifting my hands to my hips.

"Oh I did." He agreed, nodding smugly.

"You better run Valdez." I said.

Leo laughed loudly and ran through the crowd, me chasing after him. People looked at us strangely as he ran past, except Jason and Percy who both laughed, with me chasing him.

"You can't run forever!" I yelled as he ran into the woods.

"Okay!" Leo replied suddenly stopping.

He burst into flames which made me squeal which then made him laugh. I laughed then used my Iris powers of colour to change my eye colour to flaming red, like his fire.

"What the-?" Leo asked.

"You aren't the only person with special powers. Us Iris kids have some tricks up our sleeves." I replied.

"But you aren't fireproof!" Leo pointed out.

"No we aren't." I agreed.

"So how are you going to catch me then?" Leo asked.