Chapter 12

The nightmare was more like distorted memories as well as images my mind created. I relived the torture, killing my dad and other things I didn't remember happening. I felt really bad when I woke up Leo, scratch that the whole ship, by my screams.

"Are we almost in New York?" I asked Leo, my voice hoarse.

"Nearly." Leo replied as he played with one of the plaits.

"I hope Khione is punished badly." I muttered to myself.

"Don't we all." Leo said smiling at me. Sadly I couldn't return that smile.

Against his will, I made Leo take me up to the dining room for breakfast. Everyone was shocked to see me sit beside Annabeth who looked pretty beaten up too.

"I told you we were both going to live." Annabeth whispered as everyone began to eat.

"Yeah well now I wished I died with my dad. I'm a monster." I whispered back.

"Stop saying that!" Annabeth suddenly screamed making everyone jump and stop eating.

"I'm sorry but it's true!" I fought back.

"You are not a monster! He was the monster and we both know it!" Annabeth yelled.

"But he didn't kill his dad!" I yelled.

"But he almost killed you! You are not a monster Dawn. No one thinks that." Annabeth said more calmly.

"Suddenly in not that hungry." I muttered getting up and walking back to mine and Leo's room.

I flopped onto my bed face first and sighed. Maybe if I sighed hard and loud enough all my problems would go away? I wasn't that lucky. Ugh.

"Dawn?" Leo asked walking into the room.

"What?" I snapped accidentally.

"Sorry I just wanted to see if you were okay. I can go if you want?" He offered turning to leave.

"No! Don't...please. I'm sorry but it's just so much all of this. How did you cope when you were fighting Gaia?" I asked looking up at him with sad eyes.

"Well for one I didn't have to kill my dad.. You do realise I don't think your a monster right?" Leo said sorting down and stroking my cheek with his thumb.

I leaned on his shoulder and began to cry. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same. Leo them pulled away and held my face in his hands. He leant in and kissed me. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck. We kissed quite passionately, Gods that sounded lame, for a bit until we broke apart.

"I-I don't know how to say this Dawn but, when you were taken I was really scared. I think I really like you." Leo stuttered turning a bit red.

"I think I really like you too. Thanks for being here. Your an amazing boyfriend."

"Gods you're going to make me puke." Thalia said interrupting us, standing in the doorway.

"Thalia?" I squealed nervously.

"I need to talk to you, alone." Thalia emphasised on 'alone', glaring at Leo.

"Sure. See you later Leo." I said nodding my head stiffly.

Leo quickly kissed me on the cheek before passing a disgusted looking Thalia. I sat on my bed and so did Thalia. She pulled into a hug which lasted for a while until she pulled away.