Chapter 1 + 2

Okay this is my first book so give it a try and see what you think, hopefully you would like it to continue :) hope you like it. If you like keep an eye out for a good cover :D Thanks.

Chapter 1,

Woah. My knees were weak from the shaking floor underneath me. I backed into a corner, still shaking. I spread my arms out but the elevator walls were to smooth for me to grab onto anything. My whole body was shaking now.  

The other passenger in the elevator was a good looking boy. He looked the same age as me maybe a little older. He was shaking too, in the other corner. Just when my eyes met his, the elevator suddenly stopped. Both of us fell onto the floor. 

My left wrist was burning in pain, putting my hands out to break my fall was a bad idea. I felt a gentle hand on my arm.  

"Are you ok?" A sexy deep voice asked. 

"Yup, grand." I wasn't going to bore him with my sore wrist. He helped me up. 

"Thanks. I'm Alice." I smiled. 

"Hey, I'm Luke."  

"So what do you think caused all that hassle?" I asked looking around the elevator like it would give me some hints.  

"I don't know but I betcha we will be here for ages." He backed up to the back wall and slid down to the floor. He smiled up at me with the sexist grin showing off his straight white teeth. I walked over and sat beside him.  

He was utterly gorgeous. He had tanned skin with light, blonde hair. His eyes wear sky blue and had a little glint in them. Even though we were sitting down he was still a few inches taller than me. His muscles were bulging out of his white, short-sleeved t-shirt. My heart began to race when I looked him up and down.  

My phone vibrated in my pocket, making me jump. I quickly answered. 

"Hey Alice, they are evacuating everyone out of the hotel. Where are you?" It was my cousin Emma, she sounded worried. 

"Hey relax, I'm grand I'm with a guy, we're stuck in the lift. Don't worry about me." I rolled my eyes at Luke and he gave me another breathe-taking smile.  

"Okay well I'm going to the local pub to get some food. Call me when you're out. Be safe with that boy." She laughed. 

I hung up and smiled back. I wanted to make some sort of conversation with Luke but I couldn't find any words. I'm normally great with strangers and with guys but he was making it impossible for me to think straight. 

An awkward silence began to form between us. "You're a pretty good dancer." Luke said out of the blue. 

"What? Where did that come from? How do you even know?" I asked really confused. 

He chuckled, that little laugh somehow made him even yummier. "I saw you in the nightclub the last night. I was going to go over to you but you left." 

"Haha ok. Well thanks." I smiled. "Oh, my cousin said they've evacuated everybody out of the hotel, so it must be kinda serious." 

"Don't worry everything will be grand." He patted my hand that made my stomach do summersaults. It was weird feeling like this, it wasn't normal for me. 

"Yeah I know." I gave him a flirty smile back. 

After two hours of non-stop talking and laughing I felt like I was talking to a close friend. We talked about things we liked and hated, things we have done and things we'd like to do. I told him my parents were split up and I live with my dad but I basically live by myself and he told me his dad died last year and his older brother is now his best friend. It was easy to talk to him. It turns out he is the same age as me but his eighteenth is in two months and mine is in seven.