CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: Rewind

Byron

Yanny and I were back in the Philippines for a couple of days now. I still can't believe that I confessed my feelings to her. That was completely not in my plan when I followed her in New York but sometimes your emotions could really took over you.

I can't help but to smile when I remembered the way we made love. I've been with so many girls before but making love with Yanny is different even if I compare it to how I used to make love with Helena.

"Someone looks very happy today?" I heard my dad said. I look up and saw him standing by the door of my office.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

"I heard you followed Yanny in New York. That's a little interesting. I am starting to believe that you care for her already."

I just smiled at him.

"Yanny is a great girl isn't she? I know she is good for you. It's not hard to fall in love with her. Why don't you give it a shot Byron. Open your heart to her." My dad advised.

"That won't be necessary anymore dad." I said. It's not necessary anymore because I already opened my heart to her.

When my dad left my office I called Janine and asked her if she could buy some bouquet of red roses for me. After an hour Janine came inside my office holding the bouquet in his hands. She handed it to me grinning from ear to ear.

"Para po kay Misis?" She asks. I nodded.

"Ang sweet nyo naman Boss. I am sure matutuwa ni Ma'am Yanny nyan." Janine said. I really hope this will make her happy. I want to see her right now. I have to ask her an important question. I am planning to make things right between us. I am going to push the rewind button and go back to the start.

"Janine I will be out early. Just move the rest of my scheduled meeting tomorrow." I said to her.

"Sure boss." She said with a wink then she goes out of my office.

I went out and headed for my car at the parking lot. I dialled Alyssa's number.

"Byron?" She said when she answered my call.

"Alyssa kasama mo ba si Yanny?" I ask her.

"Uhmm yes. We are having a photoshoot. Do you want to talk to her?"

"No. I just want to ask you a little favor." I said then I told her my request. She asked my reason for requesting such thing but I just said she will just have to find that out later. I hang up after that. When I reached my car I saw Helena standing there. She looks at bouquet of roses on my hand.

"Is it true? Sinundan mo ba talaga yung babaeng yun sa Amerika?" She asks me.

"Yes." I replied then I went towards the door of my car. I open it but Helena closes it again.

"Don't tell me nagugustuhan mo na ang babaeng yung Byron." She said with a hiss. I took a deep breath before answering her.

"Ano bang problema if I am starting to like her? Aren't you forgetting that she's my wife?"

Helena shook her head with disbelief then she chuckled. "Ang bilis naman yata ng mga pangyayari?" She started to say. "The last thing I remember we were making out inside your office tapos biglang ganito? Gusto mo na sya? Namamaligno ka ba o sadyang bumaba na yang standards mo sa pagpili ng babae?"

"Bakit Helena? Kanino mo ba kinukumpara si Yanny? Sayo ba? And what makes you think na mas nakakaangat ka sa kanya?" I angrily said to her. I won't allow anybody to insult my wife. "Let us get something straight out here. She married me, someone she doesn't love, for the sake of their employees. Para hindi mawalan ng trabaho ang kanilang mga empleyado. She's a very selfless woman. How about you? Diba iniwan mo ako sa dambana tapos nagpakasal ka sa isang taong hindi mo naman mahal just so you could fulfill your own dream? You're selfish Helena. Hindi mo man lang ako naisip. You didn't even think twice kung ano ang mararamdaman ko that day my bride didn't show up! Akala mo ba ganoon na lang kadaling makalimutan yun?"

Walang nasabi si Helena. She just stood there quietly looking back at me.

"You're right nag-iba na nga ang standards ko but you are wrong to say na mas bumaba ito. I actually think it's getting better dahil ngayon lang ako magmamahal ng babaeng karapatdapat talagang mahalin di tulad mo at lahat ng nakaraang babae na nagdaan sa buhay ko."

I went inside my car and left Helena standing there. She's one mistake in my life na ayoko na muling maulit pa.

Yanny

"Teka nga Aly. Why are we going to your parent's house again?" I ask her.

"I don't know. Byron just told me to bring you there. Ano ba talagang nangyari sa inyo sa Big Apple?" Aly asks while we are inside her car.

I started to get fidgety. Dapat ko bang sabihin kay Aly na may nangyari na sa aming dalawa ni Byron and that he already said the magical three words to me?

"Nothing happened. Ano ka ba?" I nervously answered her. Maybe I will just tell her kapag sigurado na talaga ako. What if wala lang sa sarili nya si Byron habang nasa New York kami? When we came back here in the Philippines wala naman na ulit ibang nangyari. It seems like we are back to how we used to be like before I left the country.

The car finally entered the Medrano's compound. It looks just like the same when I first saw it. Aly and I went inside. We were greeted by her parents.

"Mom, Dad. Nandito po ba si Byron?" Aly asks them.

"Oh yeah. He is at the backyard waiting for you guys." Aly's dad said.

When we were nearing the backyard we heard music. Both my eyes and Aly's eyes widened when we reached the backyard. There were tables, balloons and other birthday party decorations there.

"Mom? Dad? What's happening here? Am I missing something?" Naguguluhang tanong ni Aly sa parents nya. I look from left to right but Byron is not there so I walk inside the beautifully decorated backyard. I stopped in front of one table. I remember this spot. This spot was where we sat during Aly's seventh birthday years ago.

"Yanny you have to overcome your fears honey. A successful person isn't afraid to gamble." That familiar voice echoed inside my head.

"Okay mom." I said with a weak smile. I miss my mom so much. If only I can see her once again or got back to that time where I can clearly see her smiles and feel her warmth.

All of a sudden I heard laughter and voices on my left side. When I turned my head around towards it I saw children playing patintero. I slowly walk towards them. They all stop and look at me.

Sino kaya ang mga batang ito? One of them even looks like Byron. They all look so cute.

"Sasali daw sya?" sabi nung isa.

"Sino sya?" sabi naman nung isang batang babae.

Suddenly I felt something familiar sa tagpong ito.

"Tito Byron! Pwede pa ba daw sumali?" sigaw naman nung isang batang lalaki.

I felt someone standing behind me and when I turned around Byron's eyes greeted mine.

That's it! I finally remember it! This is how Byron and I first met.

His lips started to curve upwards forming a dashing smile.

"Anong sa tingin mo ang dapat kong isagot?" He asks me.

"If I can remember it very well you said bawal sumali ang mga batang kwago." I replied with a smile.

"But I don't want to make you run and cry anymore." He gently said habang hinawi yung buhok ko.

"Eh di pasalihin mo ako." I said then we both started to laugh.

Byron showed me a bouquet of red roses he is hiding behind his back tapos he kneeled on the ground like a Prince.

"I want to make things right so I am going back to the start at kung paano dapat talaga tayong dalawa nagsimula." He said while looking tenderly at me.

"Misis Arevalo, I am in love with you and I am going to court you until mapasagot kita."

I glance at Aly and surprise is written all over her face. I look back at Byron then I accepted the bouquet.

Oh my god! Nagayuma ko nga yata syang talaga.