CHAPTER THIRTY: Affair

Byron

Padabog kong inihagis sa loob ng microwave yung iinitin kong pagkain.

It's been freaking three days already since that owl left and it's ticking me off. Why? Because she didn't even bother to call if I am okay or I am dying already. Ganun sya ka cold hearted!

I cursed while getting my dinner off the microwave. Napaso kasi ako nito. I slumped on my chair and started eating. I constantly glance at my phone hoping that it will ring pero tahimik lang ito na nakapatong dito sa mesa.

"All of these just because of one stupid kiss?!" I shouted. I even kicked the other chair beside me.

Para kiss lang big deal na sa kanya! It's not like hindi ko pa sya nahahalikan before. Ako nga ang first kiss nya diba? I know our latest kiss was not a simple peck on the cheek or on the lips. It was a little intimate pero grabe parin si Yanny to react that way.

"Palibhasa mukhang manang wala tuloy gumawang humalik sa kanya dati. Such a pitiful being." I mumbled while eating.

These three days for me had been difficult because I felt that the house is too quiet without the owl. Wala akong maalaska at maasar. I tried watching some movies but it wasn't fun. I find it hard sleeping on my own bed for two nights and only had a good night's rest after sleeping on Yanny's bed last night.

Oh god! I think I'm getting nuts already.

Suddenly someone rang the doorbell. I rushed towards the door. It is probably the owl. Sa wakas napag-isip isip na din nya na she is being childish and she needs to come back home.

"Ha ha! I knew you will realize that you are too childish to leave." I said as I open the door pero hindi si Yanny ang nakita ko sa labas kundi si Helena.

"Byron please let's talk." She said.

I was planning to talk to her after all so I just let her in.

"Your house looks nice." She said while looking around.

"Bakit pumunta ka pa dito sa bahay namin Helena? Hindi gusto ng asawa ko na may iba akong pinapasok na babae dito. If you are going to tell me something bilisan mo na. I don't want my wife to see you here."

Instead of getting mad Helena gave me a smile.

"You always hated acting Byron bakit parang ang galing mo na yata ngayon?" She said making me confused.

"What do mean?"

Helena moves closer to me. "I know that your wife is not here. She's in a seminar in Baguio."

How she found out about it? I really have no idea.

"Hindi ko alam na secretary ka na pala ng asawa ko it seems like alam mo agad na umalis sya." I sarcastically said to her.

"I will do anything just to get you back Byron." Helena said with sad eyes.

"You came back for nothing Helena. Kasal na ako."

Helena gave me another weak smile. "If there is one thing I learned the hard way Byron that was a marriage founded without love will easily be broken down even by the smallest trial." Malungkot nyang sinabi sa akin.

"Kaya ba hindi mo ako pinakasalan? Kaya ba hindi mo ako sinipot because naisip mo that our marriage wouldn't be founded by love?" I said, my voice becoming a little higher. I am starting to get mad again. Remembering that horrible day still pains me. What's worst than being stood up in the altar was seeing the look of pity from family and friends ad they glance at you.

"No Byron!" Helena exclaimed as she touches my trembling hands. "I loved you before and I still love you even now. Don't ever think the other way. The marriage I was referring to was my marriage to Pierre. Leaving you and marrying him for the sake of fulfilling my dreams was the biggest mistake of my life."