Punishment

Dr. Fate pulled me outside. Someone had called the cops and they were waiting outside. Also, the Batman was currently watching me like a lion watches a gazelle.  It took all my willpower to attempt to run the other way as Fate walked me over to Batman. He didn't say anything as he dragged me over to Scary(aka Batman) over there.

"Okay, okay, you found me," I said, trying to dampen the mood once we arrived over there, " Now it's your turn to hide."

"Do you think this is some kind of joke?" Batman asked. In the distance, I could see Superman coming. I told you, the logical side of me said, Now your in for it.

"Most things are. You just have to put a positive look on it, something you obviously are incapable of doing," I said this as Superman landed next to Batman. Oh, my timing couldn't have been better(heavy on the sarcasm.)

"How about disobeying the League's orders? I don't think you are going to find that funny when I'm done with you."

""Well Mr. Batman, I never technically got orders. More like suggestions to stay out of trouble," I said. My snarkiness was kicked into high gear.

"Oh, sick burn!" Superman said. Batman gave him a sharp glare. Oh if looks could kill, Batman would be a mass murderer.

Just then, my brother came over to us. That took guts. Batman looked ready to explode, and you don't just walk up to Superman and Dr. Fate. He still looked a bit shocked from the events that happened. The superheroes looked at him expectantly.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," Lucas said.

"Don't be," I said.

"Uh, well, okay," he seemed unsure of where to go with that, "I'd just like to say how this girl just saved all of our lives," he turned to me, "Thank you. From what I gather, you're in trouble aren't you?"

"Trouble doesn't even begin to describe it," Superman said, once again turning back to his not-quite-as-serious-as-Batman-but-still-serious self.

"Go a bit easy on her," he said, walking away, "she just saved lives."

"The Justice League will decide your punishment," Batman continued, "You'll leave the Tower if and only if we say so. Are we clear?"

"As crystal," I said, my voice hardening. Great, the Tower. Not to mention that I'll probably never go outside again. What had I been thinking? Running away wouldn't get the League's trust. I would only lose trust. And I clearly didn't have much of that to begin with. Batman pulled Fate to the side, leaving me with Superman. A tear slid down my cheek. Superman looked at me, his eyes full of pity. I didn't return his eye contact.

"I'll see what I can do. Batman can be a bit harsh at times," Superman said. I nodded. I didn't reply. I was afraid that if I opened my mouth I would begin to cry. Dr. Fate came over. He put his hand on my shoulder. He must see how upset I was.

In a golden flash, we were back at the Tower of Fate. Dr. Fate didn't have to tell me to do anything. I went to my room all on my own. I sat on my bed. I grabbed my pillow and put my face into it; I used it to muffle a scream of frustration. I then began to sob uncontrollably. I came so close! If only those stupid robbers hadn't been there. I could've been away much longer than two nights. Also, where had the Justice League been during the robbery. Doesn't Batman know when robberies happen when the police are called? Judging by how many cops were there, they had been called quite a long time ago. Either way, I was currently not doing any research lest Batman be angered again. With my luck, I'll probably get sent to Arkham Asylum just 'cause he felt like it.

A/N- Thank you all for reading this story. It means a lot to me. I am sorry that I haven't written more, but my laziness and school have prevented me from writing. Thank you all so much. I really like writing for you. Sorry!