Where am I?

I woke up cold and alone. What had happened? I took a look at my surroundings. I was in the midst of a large forest. How had I gotten here? Where was my team? Why don't I remember?

Okay, enough questions. They wouldn't be any help out here. I got to my feet. If I wanted answers, I would need to look for them. But where to begin? Perhaps a bird-eye view could provide answers. I summoned my magic. Chanting backward, I levitated into the air. I flew about ten feet above the tree tops. When I got up, I realized that I wasn't in my uniform. I was dressed in faded jeans and a black sweatshirt. My hair flowed chaotically in the air and right into my face. Pulling my hair behind my ear, I turned in a circle. There was nothing but woods. It was dark so my vision was hindered.

I heard the nocturnal animals chattering. This place was so secluded. It was almost peaceful. The only thing ruining this picture was the lack of knowledge of how I'd gotten here. I was  completely oblivious. Maybe I could radio the cave.

I continued looking in the air. I was hoping that if I looked harder, I would find something. As I continued, my fear grew. Just when I thought I would have panic attack, I noticed an orange glow in the distance. From here, it was nothing more than a speck. It gave me hope. Why? Because it was fire. A camp fire. Camp fires mean people. In excitement, I flew toward it.

The flame grew bigger and bigger. When I was close enough to walk and see the fire easily, I landed on the ground. I moved toward a tree and hid behind it. As I watched, a young boy carried sticks from the forest to the small fire. It wasn't just any young boy, though. It was Robin, the Boy Wonder. He was still in uniform.

"Robin!" I called excitedly as I dashed out from behind the tree. He looked startled.

"Who are you?" He asked with a sudden violence.

"What do you mean? We are teammates," I said, surprised. He didn't look like he bought it.

"No, we aren't. Your probably the one who brought me here," he growled, "Where's Batman?"

He ran toward me with an intent to beat the information out of me. This was out of character for him but I didn't exactly blame him. He was confused and alone. I caught his fist, turned him around and shoved the fist in between his shoulder blades. He tried to escape my grip but I held fast.

"Let me go!" He said as he squirmed.

"Only if you listen to me!" I shouted back, struggling to hold on.

"Why would I listen to you?" He said.

"What choice do you have?"

He stopped struggling. His body was tense. Robin's chest heaved from all his struggling. I was confused as to why he wouldn't trust. I trained with him. Now, I suppose, I had to re-earn his trust.

Suddenly, with inhuman strength, he shoved me aside. In fact, he shoved me so hard that I fell into the nearest tree. I got to my feet. When I looked up, I saw that his eyes had turned bright red. Around him flickered a red ringlet of fire. There was only one explanation for this: magic. But Robin couldn't do magic. He was great at many things, but lacked the power and affinity for magic.

"Well, well, well," said Robin- though it was no longer his voice. It was higher pitched and sounded like claws on a chalk board. "Looks like you fell for my trap, little magician."

His appearance changed from Robin to a thin scarecrow like boy. His eyes and hair were black. The boy, who looked more like a creature than a boy, had his hair spiked to look like two devil horns. I knew exactly who he was.

"Klarion," I said, my voice trembling with fear. A lord of chaos? There was no way I would be able to defeat him. I didn't even have a complete set of power like Fate.

"That's right..." he said. He held out his hands and two ghostly apparitions appeared behind him. These had claws.

"Time to die, Fate," he said, raising the claws.

"I'm not Fate," I said in a desperate attempt to have confidence. If I was going to die, I would not die a coward.

"Then who are you?"

"I am Ankh," I said and with that he brought down his claws. I threw up a hasty shield, but his claws pierced threw and tore me to shreds, painfully and slowly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with my heart pounding. I was back in the cave. My alarm clock was going off; it read 6:00 am. Despite the cool air, I was covered in sweat.

I breathed a sigh of relief it was all a dream. Though part of my felt like it was more of a premonition of things to come. I silently hoped that those things never would come true.

A/N- thank you all for reading! Sorry that I haven't updated but I really wanted to enjoy my Christmas break. I hope this satisfies you. Check out my other story (Prism). It is a Marvel/DC crossover.