Chapter Nine: The Bray Institute

The two shuttles have arrive and my eyes turn twice its size. Our rides look like giant, solid, capsules shimmered with silver pastel. (I can't wait to discover more of Bray's coolest facilities.) This is remarkable and to think this is just their shuttles, what will be their buses look like? We stand outside the Riverwalk inn, savoring its beauty. The aftermath of the party is starting to disintegrate when our excitement reigns and the hangover is the least of our worry now. Mr. T separates us in two groups and fortunately, I end up with most of the goody-goods here. Tash is strictly supervise by Mr. T and she usually finds that shameful. When I look at her face, she seems calm and less Tash. I'm starting to feel sorry for her. We climb up the beautiful Bray shuttle and sit down. We can't see the driver's seat, maybe there isn't a driver at all since the whole room was built for passengers only. Here, are just seats and small windows. I sit beside my buddy and the ones occupying in front of us are Andrea and James and at the back...oh, just great (it's not even worth mentioning) Carey and Vincent. My currently most unwanted people in the world; awkwardness meter? High! A Projector pops out of nowhere and hits the front wall where everyone sees it's scintillating light. A video clip is playing and it's about this shuttle.

"Hello" a female voice adds "you're inside KB 311 mini. This shuttle is powered by our special energy intended for Bray transportation only. As you can see, there are no certain panel for navigation since this automobile is manipulated by the school's mechanic. The only places it can go are premises around The Bray Institute. Back packs and luggages should be placed inside a compartment and no food is allowed inside the KB 311 mini. Thank you and have a good day!"

The light vanishes with a "ting!". Everyone exchanges their opinion about this KB 311 mini and I'm totally impressed. We start to put our bags inside a compartment, as what instructed. What other features does this shuttle have? Wifi?

"Guys, it has wifi!" MC says

Do I need to ask? Now, I don't know about this special energy they call but I have the feeling to exploit it. Think about it? Maybe if I can get my hands around that thing, I can sell it to billions. Unfortunately, my hands aren't made for stealing and I can't afford to pay a ransom either.

"Mr. Tuck has some serious coughs, doesn't he?" Nikka says "is he going to be alright?" She is concern.

"I think Mr. Tuck has enough medicine to cure that aching cough" I touch her cold hands "Don't worry!"

"Who would ever put Mr. Tuck in an unsuitable job like that? He's old, runs the inn all by himself, I really need to talk to his boss-"

"Don't sweat on it. Maybe he's working for Bray." I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "The Inn must be own by the Bray because if not, none of the shuttles will go here, right?"

"So what? He needs help."

I don't want to argue with her. Someone poke me at the back, oh god. Ignore it.

"You should be with Mr. Tantiado instead of Tash" Vincent whispers

Why does he hate me so much? Only one punch and this equal to lifetime nemesis? Immature.

"I know why he hates you." Nikka says

"What are you talking about? We're just...teasing." I joke

"Really? I don't remember you two are close. Hear me out, he hates you because you-"

"I punched him, yes I get it. Everyone's a critic"

"Because you...you what? No! He hates you because you outranked him from WVSU achievers of BSBS class, silly"

"What-did-you-just-said? And how do you know?" my eyes bulge.

"I ranked first and Mr. T gave me the list of the achievers and says I have the privilege to tell you myself. Congratulations!"