Chapter Twelve: Old Friend

So it was a dare, never been about the rankings but I am still left with this question: WHY AM I INVOLVED?! And does Victoria part of it too? Think, Alli think! Maybe the dare was:

One: THE SWITCHEROO. Like the person you really hate while the one you truly like should end up being hated.

Two: THE TARGET. Use somebody as a way to hurt her.

Three: HATE ALLI. Hate this person because you like her

Four: LOVE VICTORIA. Love this person because you're told too

The concept really suggests my inner egocentrism but sometimes, we need to take the idea that the things we least expected can likely to occur too. In my what-to-find-out list, I will now cross out MALACHI because thanks to Carey, I know what it is. But honestly, what compels me to withdraw the idea of finding it out because I'm afraid of the truth.

The truth can set you free

Maybe if I did find out it'll drive me crazy considering I'm now involved in the exploitation.

The truth can set you free

My conscience keeps ringing in my head so MALACHI'S back in the list, everybody, it's inevitable. I see Candy at my way to section four. She made friends so quickly. I follow her, mimic her every move and finally, approach her after she waves good bye to her new friends. She takes a test tube and study it, I did the same and progressively, I fill in the conversation.

"Hey..."

"Why are you talking to me?" She places the test tube back to the rack, attempting to escape. I don't fret; I just need a second of her time. She speaks before she thinks and that's my advantage. She's not a bit as taciturn as Kim is.

"Sorry about the party, maybe the sorority will think about it and give you a second chance."

She scoffs

"It's all Tash's fault, if she didn't told Mr. T about our little initiation, we could still be in the Socialites. First Junien and now her? The boys always have to be the reason why they can't! It's infuriating. That's why I broke up with my own boyfriend. I know what it takes to be a true Socialite, I'm fiercer than them "

"And that's something a sister should be proud of." I praise for the sake of buying more information.

"You're a nobody, so you're only allowed to talk to me for seconds" she points it out. Yeah, like whatever. "Anyways...thanks and tell your cousin to bug off." and she leaves me.

Let's retrace what Candy had said; so her girls just trashed the Socialite's invitation for the sake of the boys...THE BOYS. Carey and Adrian. Carey is obviously part of MALACHI but how about our boy, Adrian? He's a rebel therefore he's a MALACHI and probably, he's inducing Tash to join in the group as well. It makes perfect sense! He's making Tash his responsibility because obviously, it's his dare too. That is why he was eager to help me with my so called 'alcohol intolerance' to use me so he can get to her. Smart move. I cross out ADRIAN AND TASH AND PARTY from my list.

I examine the test tube I took from the table and I see a blurry, smiling face just across it. I put it down to see it visibly and standing there in front of me...an old friend and classmate...Bea.

"I can't believe it!" I hug her tightly "it's been months, how are you?"

"I'm good. I saw you at section three earlier but you were so busy, I don't want to interrupt anything. I missed you Alli!"

"We missed you too! And don't be so modest, you can interrupt me anytime you want. God, it's been so long"

"Yeah...Just so you know, after a couple of months, I finally decided to leave the old Bea. I am not afraid anymore, Alli. I am reborn!"

"It's good to hear that but...there's nothing wrong with the old Bea." I give a short chuckle.

"No, I'm serious..."

"I am thrilled to see you again but I think I should go back...examining these test tubes for...study purposes. See you around?" I really need to use my time properly if I wanted to finish this case.

"Sure. Good luck."

I return to the test tubes and pretend to analyse the neon color and effervescence inside it but I still have the feeling that Bea's watching me so I move on to the next exhibit and unto the next one. I see Elyette and Kim taking pictures of the exhibits and I join them.

"Hey guys, I wanna join!" I suggest

Elyette prepares her phone camera and click. When it captures, Elyette view the image and she burst out laughing. She shows it to Kim and she even manages to smile. Kim hands me the phone and...of course, I look dreadful.

"You're still shaken up, Alli? You need to take a break." Elyette hides her phone.

"Take a sit" Kim adds. "Ah...sit at the center, it has better view"

I follow what my friends intend me to do. There are a few students who didn't even have the effort to stand up from the start. I sit at the center near a ginger kid and move my body to a comfortable position. I close my eyes for a short time and relax my mind. I open my eyes and observe everyone in the auditorium. So there's a boy who is surrounded by different school girls, group of teachers having deep conversations, Dr. Pattiwagon talking to the MSO woman, a scrawny kid who just picks his nose, a group of girls posing for the camera, a cute guy reading a book, a group of fierce looking females with Bea staring at Tash. And stu...Wait, what?! I go back to them. I study Bea's face...she's implicating something and I just can't put a word to it. It's hard to unravel the situation when you can't clearly hear them talking so instead, I study their body language. The fierce girls laugh and Tash just looks Bea in the eye and never says anything. Bea's masticating every inch of her well being until there's nothing left...I call this act "A slice of revenge part one". Poor Tash...well, she needs to have a taste of her own medicine but is it right of me to just sit here and watch a friend and foe fight? Let's just say I had enough troubles so grab a popcorn and let's see how this act will end.

Where's Mr. T? I thought he's supervising? Oh, he's talking to a teacher and he's with Vincent. Going back to Tash, she crosses her arms and she looks pissed. She bits her lower lip and is about to burst into tears. Bea's insults is never ending, I read her lips saying "not afraid" and usually, Tash should be in wrath right now but she restrains herself from doing so. Tough girl. One against many, how fabulous. I read the black hair girl's mouth say "Don't mess". Tash's nails are biting her skin, she grips her elbows too hard. She can no longer take them, fatality mode for Tash! People just pass them and never tried to intervene. Bea keeps on talking in acrimonious manner while her friends are trying to put a smiling face probably to ward off any attention from the teachers.

We're just having a fun time here, professors. No need to interrupt us.

Tash lowers her head, the humiliation is weighing her down and I think she deserves it. I hope you learn your lessons, princess because this is what happens when you ruin somebody's life. When they're down, they will find a way to get up and take you down as well. So that's how it ends, I expected more actions like slapping and pulling each other's hair but wait, I think we're not done here. Adrian suddenly appears in the scene and takes Tash away from them but before they leave, he stares at Bea hatefully, he despises her. Tash covers her face, she might be crying but Adrian hold her like a pet. He's never sweet, he's always hardcore.