Forest

"Why? Why? Why? Why? WHY!?!?! Why him? Why would you choose him?"

That was Star all day.

"She needs to understand how important this is. It's merely business."

That was Star's mother.

Then her father: "HA HA!!! Not today you foul beast!!!! You're just a lion with wings!! Oh, and you have a bug's tail. BUT I AM KING!!!!! THERE'S NO DEFEATING ME!!!!!!!!"

He was at a "lecture."

Back at the castle, Star's nails were dug into her palm so deep she was afraid she'd draw blood.

"Mother how could you!? You know goodness well I hate Tom's guts. Why him? Out of all people. Oh wait I mean a- DEMON!!!! You don't even want me marrying a person. Wow, thanks!"

Queen Butterfly huffed. "Star darling, your head's too much in the past. I've seen how he acts, he's different. He really has changed."

"Yeah, sure he has. Let's just say I changed too. Now I'm a dainty princess who brushes their hair and looks out the mirror 24/7. Let's just say Roxy decided to become a therapist cause she cares about people's problems. Or Trinity became a serial killer hunting down royal blood!! Face it mom, he won't. Once a hothead- always a hothead."

"Starship-"

"Call me that again, I dare you!!!! I'm Princess Butterfly to you."

"Act nice to him. That was years ago. Memories down the drain-"

"Tom's a memory down the drain."

"It was four years ago. Everyone can become different."

"Except him. It's not even like you have a say in my marriage. I like who I want, there's nothing you can do about it."

"I can and will! No matter how much you dislike it."

"Now you're treating me like a child. I'm 18."

"If you're so grown up then accept your fate Star. I never told you a queen's life is as glamorous as you think."

"That just seems unfair. You married who you wanted. Why can't I!?!?! What if I like someone else."

"Are they a demon."

"Course not."

"Then unless they're from a rated-A army, you're marrying Tom."

Star lowered her wand- which was in the direction aimed for Tom's face before. "That's what this is all about. So you can get an ARMY!?! Do you not get his people started Mewnipendance Day in the 1st place. I can't marry Tom. No fricking way. You can't take away my love life for Mewni."

"Star-"

"No. It's not happening. It's NEVER happening!!!"

"Please, can I just speak with her alone?" Tom asked, in the coolest voice Star ever heard from him.

It's still a trick. Better keep your guard up.

The wand was aimed back at him. She had a snake strike at the ready.

"Star, easy with the wand. Look, if you don't use your powers- I won't use mine. Deal?"

Star sighed with anger still raging on. "Deal." Her voice was kept sharp and quick. "But if you make the slightest mistake- I show no mercy."

"Ok, so obviously we're gonna have to make us work-"

"What us? There is no us. We broke up!! A long time ago, remember? Why do you keep coming back?"