chapter eighteen

JACK POV

I crawled out of the hotel bed careful not to wake Mackenzie as I did so.

after successfully becoming a ninja and getting dressed and ready without waking up Mackenzie I headed out of the room.

as I headed down to the lobby I couldn't help but plant a huge grin on my face as the memories of last night filled my mind.

"wow, what's got you grinning so big? nah I know what it was. uh huh, johnson got laid!" gilinsky yelled while Sammy smacked my back.

I blushed furiously but shook my head attempting to hide it.

"nah man, we didn't have sex. it was so much better than that." I smirked

Sammy jumped up and down behind me with his arms up. "God damn jack got head last night!" he chuckled patting my back once again.

I laughed as gilinsky gave me a surprised look. "I gotta admit Johnson, I didn't think that little girl had it in her." jack winked before turning back to his phone.

I rolled my eyes.

"yeah as much as I just love talking about the great head I got from Mackenzie." I spoke with sarcasm laced on my words smirking at the boys.

"we got to get going if we wanna get a full days worth in at the studio. boss texted me and said we got double booked so we only have 5 hours to practice." I frowned

"shit yeah let's go."

_______

MACKENZIE POV

I smiled lowly at the note by the bed.

'only have a 5 hour session at the studio. dress casual I'm taking you out for some fun. love you baby'

I got up and showered before finding the perfect outfit.

I through on the sweater I had picked out and slipped into my skinny maroon skinny jeans. letting my hair fall naturally I began to contour my cheeks slightly. putting a light red lip stick over my lips and grinning at my reflection.

I stepped back grabbing my phone I walked to the mirror posing a few times and taking some snapchats. I strutted over to my window where the lighting was good before striking a few more poses.

I collapsed on the bed smiling to myself as I looked through the pictures. I loved them, they made me seem happy.

I got back off the bed and pranced over to the mirror again looking at myself. wait, I am happy. I'm happy with myself today, in this moment I'm actually happy.

__________

JACKS POV

I pulled up to the hotel stressed from all the working I've been doing. I huffed my way up to the room before opening it and slamming it shut behind me. tossing my bags to the side I looked up to see a happy girl sprawled across the hotel bed.

"hey jack!" she beamed

I walked over to the bed sitting next to her.

"hey beautiful" I whispered pecking her lips before laying completely done

I turned on my side and closed my eyes hoping to drift off into a deep slumber.

"so what time do you wanna leave?" Mackenzie spoke while rubbing my back

"that's great babe" I groaned

she stopped moving and scoffed

"okay well I'm gonna just head out and do something by myself since you obviously forgot our plans." she croaked before heading towards the door

"shit Mackenzie, I totally forgot. come over here." I motioned the air in front of me

she looked back at me with a sad face but didn't move almost like she was thinking about doing it or not.

"come here mack, now." I growled

slowly but surely she slumped over to me staring at her feet.

"look at me please." I whispered grasping her hands

her head lifted quickly but her eyes never making contact with mine.

I squeezed mackenzies hands a tad and she eventually looked me in the eyes. tears pricked the rims of her mellow eyes. my hands found their way to her face before cupping her cheeks lightly as a cold tear escaped I wiped it away.

"why are you crying?"

she snuffled pulling her face away from my touch.

"I'm fine jack." she mumbled moving to stand by the mirror. I stared at her intently watching her eyes as they grazed over herself in the mirror, yet another tear falling to the floor. a look of displeasure washing over her face.

I tip toed to her before wrapping my arms around her small figure, "what are you crying about Mackenzie?"

"am I nothing to you?" she whispered

"do I even matter to you? would you notice if I left today and never came back?" Mackenzie words were strange as her voice grew louder every sentence.

"Mack baby, what are you talking about? I love you of course I would, and I would come find you." I frowned at her confused by her sudden questions.

she turned into my chest sobbing cold tears. my thoughts rambled in a crazy mess as Mackenzie held a death grip on my wet shirt.

why had she suddenly come to think those things? has someone been telling her that?

I pulled her up onto the bed cuddling up with her under the covers.

"I love you so much Mackenzie, don't ever let anyone tell you different." I whispered kissing her head.

"I love everything about you. I love your hair, your morning eyes, your loving smile, your perfect body, your sweet personality, your beautiful face, the list goes on and on." a small tear rolled down my cheek onto my shirt as I thought about what might have happened if I let her leave the room.

-----------------------

hey did you guys know I have a YouTube!
you should totally check it out...😏